We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear to go HD

Baldy

Great news, Top Gear is going to be filmed in HD, article taken from Digital Spy

160x120_top_gear_clarkson_may_hammond_2.jpg

The BBC has announced that Top Gear will be available in high definition on BBC HD starting on November 15.

To date, the only episode of BBC Two's hit motoring entertainment show to be broadcast in HD was the July 2007 polar special.

In a post on the BBC Internet Blog, Nagler explained: "I can confirm that the team is now working with HD cameras on the new series.

"You've been very clear that this is a BBC programme that for you represents the best of what we do, and that you believe it is one of those series that can benefit most from HD. I agree with you, and I'm confident that the shift will ensure that the cars are glossier and faster than ever, and the presenters... well, probably will look even more like their reflections in the mirror but we'll all have to wait to judge."