We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Corrupt!

Beav

I have a VGA cable in the GPU for one monitor. I then tryed to inset a DVI cable to go to the second monitor which pushed the GPU out :S Windows is now corrupt and I wasn't given any discs with the pc. As windows 7 seems so much better than vista im tempted to just upgrade to windows 7.

I can't back up the data as I can't get onto the computer so I may just have to loose it all.

Anyone recommend getting windows 7 or could you help with vista?

~Thanks

You're saying pushing the graphics card out corrupted windows?

Do you just get a black screen or the BSOD. It's more than likely damaged your graphics card and/or motherboard. You should of made sure it was screwed in and turned off before you tried that.

And you must of really pushed it hard to dislodge your graphics card. They don't come out easily, even without the screw to hold it in.

I agree with Mellors. I don't see how pushing your graphics card could corrupt windows, if you have an onboard graphics card try taking your 9800gt out and plugging the vga cable into the onboard card, or try putting your 9800gt into another pci slot, or try another graphics card (if you have one) in the PCI slots or you could put the 9800gt into another pc. Lmao, after you try all these I'm sure you you'll be able to find out what the problem is. :p

As for backing up the data on the hdd, you could just connect it to another pc and transfer the data onto the other pc's hdd, then format and reinstall windows onto your own hdd and put the data back onto it?

I'd go for Windows 7 if you can afford it, although if you still have your vista serial code, I'm sure you could source a disk from a friend or something and use that to do a clean install?