We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Lexus LF-A Leak!!!!!!!!!

Baltoman

I like it, but $375,000 for a Toyota?

Yes? You expect them only to make reasonable cars? They are one of the richest car companies in the world, they have survived easily through the crisis and can now afford to make many new models, including supercars. Don't underestimate the power of Toyota. ;)

Yes? You expect them only to make reasonable cars? They are one of the richest car companies in the world, they have survived easily through the crisis and can now afford to make many new models, including supercars. Don't underestimate the power of Toyota. ;)

Toyota has survived nothing easily at all. The only company to successfully ride the recession is Volkswagen, and even they have had troubles, just like everyone else. Even General Motors were in better financial shape lthan Toyota during periods of the last 2 years.

Thats not my point, you could spend that on a Ferrari or a Lambo, why would you want a Toyota when you have that much money to spend?

Which is why they need to put a Lexus badge on it, because people simply won't spend that kind of money on a Toyota, where the first thing that comes to mind would be "Corolla" or "Camry". This is the same reason why there isn't a Nissan badge on the front of the GT-R.

And about which company's in better financial shape, well I don't recall Toyota needing billions of dollars from the government just to stay afloat...

With regards to how much the thing actually costs, and how ridiculous the price seems to you guys, have any of you heard of a Veblen Good? It's an economics term where demand for a good actually increases as the price goes up, due to its snob appeal and exclusivity (and with a production run of only 500 cars, this thing is pretty exclusive). And why would people even want to spend that much on a Toyota/Lexus in the first place? Well there are some people who don't want a Ferrari or Lamborghini, simple as that.

Finally, about the car: I love it, but I preferred the concept's styling. Looked much cleaner and smoother, especially the Roadster concept. Oh well, at least the styling changes are for a good cause: The engineers managed to find and extra 17mph in top speed with the styling tweaks

Why dont you people get over yourselfs, its a LEXUS!!! Not a Toyota, Most Lexus's Arent Even based on Toyotas anymore. So theres no point in saying its "a Toyota" :rolleyes:

Lexus cars were never based on Toyota's(SUV/Crossover's and ES aside) its just that their cars look a lot like Toyota's, the LS400 looked like a newer Cressida and the current LS looks like a bloated Camry.

Lexus cars were never based on Toyota's(SUV/Crossover's and ES aside) its just that their cars look a lot like Toyota's, the LS400 looked like a newer Cressida and the current LS looks like a bloated Camry.

I Give you a Toyota:

Toyota%20Altezza%20RS200Zsmall.jpg

Now I give you Lexus

2005_Lexus_IS300_ext_1.jpg

They EXACT!!

Yeah. Up till 2005, ALL Lexuses were actually Toyotas in their native Japan.

So the Lexus IS = Toyota Altezza

Lexus RX = Toyota Harrier

Lexus GS = Toyota Aristo

Lexus LS = Toyota Celsior

Lexus SC = Toyota Soarer

+1 Some1 Finally see's my Point :thumbsup: