We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Lexus LF-A Leak!!!!!!!!!

Baltoman

One more massive Lexus LF-A leak, with specs

by Damon Lavrinc (RSS feed) on Oct 20th 2009 at 6:48PM

attachment.php?attachmentid=9888&stc=1&d=1256091893

Lexus LF-A - Click above for high-res image gallery

The Tokyo Motor Show countdown continues with yet another round of Lexus LF-A leakage courtesy of OmniAuto. Check out the gallery below to get up close and personal with the official shots of the LF-A before we bring you live impressions from the floor. But before you do, get a load of the preliminary specs:

4.8-liter 72-degree V10 putting out 560 hp at 8,700 RPM (that's 116.5 hp/liter) and 354 lb.-ft. of torque at 6,800 RPM

Redline: 9,000 RPM

Titanium valves, connecting rods, forged aluminum pistons, dry sump lubrication and a titanium exhaust manifold

Six-speed sequential gearbox

Torsen limited slip differential

3,263 pounds with a 48/52 front-to-rear weight distribution

Power-to-weight ratio of 5.8 pounds/hp

65 percent of the body is carbon fiber

20-inch BBS wheels wrapped in 265/35 ZR20 Bridgestone tires in front and 305/30 ZR20 in the rear.

0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in 3.7 seconds

Top speed of 201.94 MPH

Production limited to 500 units

More to follow. Stay tuned.

Gallery:Lexus LF-A

source - Autoblog

Click for more info! http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/20/one-more-massive-lexus-lf-a-leak-with-specs/

I say its hawt hawt hawt!

It's fantastic. Period.

I have a new-found respect for Lexus that I was convinced I would never have. This is a big step forward for them.

It's epic.

Remember kids. It's a Toyota. The sooner this fake eastern prestige is lost, the better.

Great car, pointless badge.

Its a luxury Toyota

:)

It's actually not luxurious at all. I made the same mistake by not reading the whole article. RoadAndTrack talks about how rough the ride is and about the lack of luxurious features that you'd expect from a Lexus.

I actually have to agree with twm now and say a Toyota would have been better.

Wow. That looks amazing, and the specs sound great. :O

Now, if only they'd slap a REAL Toyota badge and give it a less feminine name, it'd be great. :P lol

Then again, the brands of Lexus and Toyota are both worth next to squat to me right now. I've probably talked about Toyota's decline in quality since 2003 (when they phased out the 2JZ and began using V6es, and their styling has become largely ugly) at great length already. Not to say that Toyota has never meant anything to me - pretty much anything Toyota makes that is actually MADE IN JAPAN is pretty decent, but many of its (worse) cars are made in North America now.

I really, REALLY wish Toyota would just make another inline-six - why are companies so enthralled with V6es and V10s, with their uneven firing order? That said, the FT-86 sounds interesting.

Tokyo 2009: Lexus reveals $375,000 LFA supercar...finally

by Drew Phillips (RSS feed) on Oct 21st 2009 at 2:12AM

2011 Lexus LFA - Click above for high-res image gallery

It seems like the Lexus LFA has been around forever. In reality, the first concept version was unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show in 2005, but that's a long time in the automotive world. Additional concepts followed in 2007 and 2008, and the on-off rumors of a production version haven't help. Nevertheless, the production version of the LFA is finally here at the Tokyo Motor Show, and it is glorious. All of which makes it harder to stomach that the car shown here isn't expected to reach customer garages until early 2011.

The specifications of the new rear-drive Lexus supercar are impressive enough: a 4.8-liter V10 with 560 ps (552 bhp), 354 lb-ft torque, a zingy 9,000 rpm redline, six-speed sequential gearbox, 0-62 mph in 3.7 seconds, and a top speed of 202 mph. It looks amazing too, both in pictures and in person.

Of course, we can't help but make comparisons to the current reigning Japanese supercar, the Nissan GT-R. At just 3,263 pounds, the LFA easily has a better power-to-weight ratio, but that hasn't seemed to stop the all-wheel drive juggernaut before. Then there is the small matter of cost to consider. Unlike the GT-R, which is considered a performance bargain, the LFA will be exclusive – and costly. Only 500 units will be produced at a cost of...drum roll please....$375,000. Despite the colossal price tag, we hear that Lexus expects to take a loss on each one.

Will the LFA be worth the high cost? We should be able to tell you soon, as our man Damon Lavrinc will be getting some time behind the wheel of a prototype later this week. Until then, you can check out some amazing video of the LFA after the jump and live photos in the high-res galleries below.

552hp and only 354lb-ft of torque.... yet another vehicle in the long line of rev-happy supercars. $375,000 puts it where? in with the F430, Gallardo, 599 and 612? I'm sorry, but I think someone would have to really love paying exorbitant amounts of money for a Toyota to get this car. I guess we'll really see though when Top Gear gets a hold of one of these.