We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Cars "drink petrol most "of America

choicepro

Let see models cars "petrol thirst most" of each segment in the U.S., the largest automobile market in the world.

Forbes magazine list of American General is based on data of Vincentric, a data analysis and company cars in Michigan, and information from the U.S. Department of Energy.

1.BMW M5, l-Benz S-Class

2.Chevrolet Suburban:

3.Chrysler 300

4. Dodge Challenger

5. BMW M6 convertible ceiling

6. Lamborghini Marcielago

7. Chevrolet Silverado 3500, Dodge Ram 2500, Ford F-350, GMC Sierra 2500 and Nissan Titan LE

8. Ford Ranger

That is list give you. You think ?

all information: Segments, Consumptio, Price..... you can see here: The Cars "drink petrol most "of America

Bit open ended. For example a diesel S Class will do more MPG than a 7 litre Chevy big block. The Veyron has hilarious MPG, yet it doesn't score on their top ten while the Murcielago does.

While we're here, if you're compiling a list about anything.. SPELL THE NAMES RIGHT!

I credit this list with very little, besides the LOL factor.

Bit open ended. For example a diesel S Class will do more MPG than a 7 litre Chevy big block. The Veyron has hilarious MPG, yet it doesn't score on their top ten while the Murcielago does.

While we're here, if you're compiling a list about anything.. SPELL THE NAMES RIGHT!

I credit this list with very little, besides the LOL factor.

Thanks you! I just sent you a list for people to consider voting.

That list is a serious piece of fail. First of all, the most thirsty engines are american big blocks, V8s and etc. Also the engines in Bentleys, Lambos and Maybachs. I only see 2 of those cars in that list (Challenger and Murcielago). Imo it's an amateur list made by people who don't reall know much about cars.

The United States Environmental Protection Agency mileage estimate for the GT is 12 mpg-US (20 L/100 km; 14 mpg-imp) in city driving, and 19 mpg-US (12 L/100 km; 23 mpg-imp) in highway cruising, for a combined 14 mpg-US (17 L/100 km; 17 mpg-imp).

Ford GT

Of course, fuel efficiency is relative in this field considering the GT Speed could barely muster 17 mpg over 300 miles of highway driving (the EPA rates it at 10 city / 17 highway).

Conti GT Speed

As I said, Bentleys are one of the thirstiest cars on the market nowadays.

My Camaro when I had the LS1 in it got 15-20.

Now with the new motor, I get 9-13. I don't have a clue as to why this is. I mean, the crate motor gets pretty good MPG's when it comes to the Z06 but I guess I got unlucky. One thing that might be the problem is the computer settings. Maybe if I get it re-tuned then it'll get a few more out of there.

What I don't get is why the grammar and spelling are so completely off in the original link... I initially thought it was a literal translation from another language, but seeing the link severely diminishes its credibility in my eyes.

iLLGT3: I think an ECU re-map would help a lot in fixing your fuel economy woes...

My Camaro when I had the LS1 in it got 15-20.

Now with the new motor, I get 9-13. I don't have a clue as to why this is. I mean, the crate motor gets pretty good MPG's when it comes to the Z06 but I guess I got unlucky. One thing that might be the problem is the computer settings. Maybe if I get it re-tuned then it'll get a few more out of there.

Might be running too rich? LS engines take a bit of work to get decent fuel economy