We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion GPS mod v1.2 (deleted Hardcore icon)

iLLusion

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. :D

I just have to fix few minor things on GPS, write some kind of read me file and upload it. Because I'm in a little hurry right now, I'll fix those bugs when I come back. Don't worry, I'll release it in just couple of hours. Until then, another screenshot.

rvyt7p.jpg

I doubt u can fix this but is there anyway to get that white bit where it says how many players to fit alot more into the mod?

If not dw ill still dload it just kinda looks a bit weird.

I know, that annoys me too. I searched inside hud.bnk files, but didn't been able to find a file that have correlation to that white part.

Maybe in near future someone with more experience in texture modding will be able to find that particular file. When that happens, I will re-edit this version of GPS with proper color.

On other note, I'm thinking of making another version of GPS, similar to this one, with only exception it would be in white color. That would solve that ''white part'' problem, but question remains - do we really need a white GPS? Sure we do. :D We got white iPods, we must have a white GPS too. :P

@Mercedes-Benz

TomTom is cool too. I used it for a long time. :)

@Brazzucca

GPS texture can be found here:

C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\hud.bnk

When you open that .bnk file search for fla_0026. And that's it. ;)

Hey I've a little question for you iLLusion :

When I am in free ride your GPS works good. But when I start a race in immediate challenge (with sb else online), the old gps comes back. So what's going on ? I have replaced the hud.bnk file in both directories HiRes and LowrRes.

And I've got another question : how can I get to the old police markers (when you touch another car) ? because in your hud.bnk there is a new one, but I prefer TDU one, so... I can decompress the bnk file, so can you tell me the way to get these markers back please ?

Hmm, I didn't try this GPS mod in other race modes because I'm just cruising all over island. That's strange... there must be some kind of other GPS file too then. I'll search through FrontEnd files. This might actually be a good news. Maybe we can finally find that annoying white part and fix GPS. :D I'll keep you posted. ;)

Thx for your reply with a problem. Comments/suggestions are always welcome.

As for police markers, to tell the truth, long time ago I replaced my GPS with TomTom GPS, and didn't make a backup of my real TDU GPS (yeah, silly me :) ). I never give a damn about police markers and the way they looked, so I didn't notice any difference while playing. Then recently, I came up with idea of making my own GPS mod. So I simply extracted files from hud.bnk and found that GPS texture. Then I maked my own design, adjusted it to format TDU engine unterstands and shared with you guys. I wouldn't know about any other files that are changed/modified.

These are all files that relates to police icons that can be found in hud.bnk:

fla_0096

fla_0099

fla_0102

fla_0105

fla_0116

fla_0118

fla_1085

fla_1097

Good luck with replacing them.

On to next topic, white edition is more like gray edition at the moment. :p I don't have too much free time at the moment, so I will deal with it over the weekend.

Cya later guys and thanks for your feedback. ;)

I got a small update. I never liked that ugly-bugly home icon, and I think this one is soooo much better. See it for yourself. ;)

nlopp3.jpg

I'm planning to do (small) overhaul to police icons too and give them a new modern look. At least, I'll try to accomplish that.

I'll release this new and improved version of my GPS maybe tommorow, or sometime in next week.

;)

Some good news, v1.1 is released (check 1st page). It features rather small update, as mentioned few posts ahead, a simple home icon.

And now here comes the bad news. I didn't manage to make good police icons, unfortunately. I had few ideas but they didn't functioned very well together.

I tried to fix that problem with GPS reported by Lazerchicken, and I was able to find another file that correlates with GPS in hud_cha.bnk but modifying it made my game crash.

White edition is (still) no where to be found. But be assured, it will come very soon.

That's it... for now. Don't worry, I will continue to bore you to death in a day or two again. :p

Great work!

But.. I don't know if I'm the only one, I noticed a little bug, illusion gps only work when cruising.

In extra races, it's the default gps interface. =[

Btw, other than that. It's great, my favorite GPS among all those published.

Hey I've a little question for you iLLusion :

When I am in free ride your GPS works good. But when I start a race in immediate challenge (with sb else online), the old gps comes back. So what's going on ? I have replaced the hud.bnk file in both directories HiRes and LowrRes.

Great work!

But.. I don't know if I'm the only one, I noticed a little bug, illusion gps only work when cruising.

In extra races, it's the default gps interface. =[

Btw, other than that. It's great, my favorite GPS among all those published.

You should have searched a bit in the thread. That problem was answered by me 3 or 4 posts above...

And iLLusion answered that it is not fixed yet ;)