We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion Winter Day mod v1.0

iLLusion

heLLo!

Many of us are already enjoying in wonderful crazy winter mod made by Opelos_HUN (which can be found here in case you are wondering: http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=15313). Who said driving our fancy cars on Hawaii covered with snow wouldn't be so fun?

But, if you played for some time, you probably noticed lack of proper weather that will perfectly suit this cool winter mod. Few weather mods like (Night&Mist, Weather mod by Maciuk...etc.)

can be found, yes, they are great... but are made for normal Hawaii sunny summer day.

In order to have real winter feeling, we need real winter weather. I'm trying to achieve that snow-is-always-white look and feel. So far, so good. Grayish color is no where to be found.

So here comes iLLusion Winter Day mod!

333bg3k.jpg

ay3t3q.jpg

At the moment, it has (only) 3 types of weather. In next version(s) I'll try to add few more weather types.

I tweaked FX.ini too and edited height and size of grass/bushes, they are a bit larger as if they are covered with bunch of snow.

But not everything is so great, and I got major bug - main map is covered with fog. Dunno what happened, and dunno how to change it. So we will just have to used to it.

DOWNLOAD

iLLusion Winter Day mod v1.0

Feel free to share/modify as you wish. I'm only asking you to credit me as original author. Thanks!

*This mod is partially inspired by Weather Mod v1.2 by Maciuk (http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=15585)

For ultimate winter feeling, you'll need this too:

- TDU Crazy Winter Edition 1.5B by Opelos_HUN (http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=15313)

- iLLusion Snow Tyre Chains v1.0 (http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=15783)

Cya aLL!

Great! ;)

I'm trying to achieve that snow-is-always-white look and feel. So far, so good. Grayish color is no where to be found. :D

Obviously, HDR must be set to off. :p

I managed to add one more weather type and it's a lovely sunny day. I tweaked FX.ini too and edited height and size of grass/bushes, they are a bit larger as if they are covered with bunch of snow.

But not everything is so great, and I got major bug - main map is covered with fog. :S Dunno what happened, and dunno how to change it. So we will just have to used to it. :p

Maciuk can't be contacted over PM. That's why I'm writing my own weather lines. I've taken a bit different aproach and my code is much more lighter (only 228 lines instead of 4143 lines). Because I'm learning by myself meaning of commands, it's a painfully process but it's going very well at the moment.

If all go as planned, I'll release it (hopefully) tommorow.

Update:

I'll get rid of sunny day in this version because of non-natural change from fog to bright blue sky and sunny day.

On other note, guess what? I have a little surprise for ya aLL! Don't know about your, but in mine country, snow tyre chains are mandatory during winter. We don't want to break rules, don't we?

5kodaf.jpg

WIP picture 01

I'll release tyre snow chains for traffic and our fancy cars sometime during day.

Heheh. :D

As you can see on screenshots, contrast is OK. I've decided to try and make new weather for your winter mod right because of ugly-bugly contrast problems. :)

btw.

I'll release both the tyre chain and this winter day during day (ETA couple of hours) so that we all can more enjoy while driving on snow! ;)

@VanquishHH

Yep. Just make backup of your files and replace them with mines. When this snowy feeling bores you, simply put back your files and you'll have your default sunny day again.

@matt1314

They sure do. :)

@Mb

Hmm, seems Filefront is doing some maintenance right now. :(

Here ya go Mb, a Zippyshare download link for you:

iLLusion Winter Day mod v1.0.rar

Enjoy! ;)