We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear ratings continue to drop - Possible end?

DriftNismo

• 2 weeks later...

You guys that aren't in Australia and have UK Top Gear are lucky because since Australia bought the show a couple of years ago, they have made an Australian version (top gear australia) which is an absolute joke. All the presenters are absolute idiots who think they are good at there job and they rely on their trusty script way too much and you can tell what they make up or what is scripted.

I am a really, really huge fan of Top Gear UK and I would hate for it to go but I do't reckon it will. Look at their competitors: fifth gear and all those other ones on youtube. They don't have a hope in hell of being as good as TG. Unlike the others, James, Jeremy and Richard make it much more interesting and entertaining by putting all their effort in and throwing in the frequent laugh. Those three are such a good blend. Wheras TG Aus they have a old and boring trumpeteer, (James Morrison) A young Richard Hammond wanabee that isn't funny (Steve Piziati) and a artisticy guy who i personally don't mind but he is not the right guy to be a TG presenter (Warren Brown?).

I reckon Top Gear (Uk) still has at least 3 years left in it because it is one of the most popular tv shows in history. Look at Itunes for example. I'm not sure if it still is now but about a month ago, All of the series that have been put on Itunes were all in the Top 20 of most downloaded which is impresive. Videos of the show on youtube have 100's of thousands of views at least. Yes they have had a few not that interesting shows but they still am and always will be my most favourite tv show ever. I would do anything to get the privelige to go other to England and meet the three.

I can't wait until series 14 starts. Does any aussie know when it starts and if TG AU will be coming back?? (I really hope not)

Also the ratings are down I know but isn't TG UK the most popular TV show on earth? There'd be no point getting rid of it if it is because that would be like making a law that any car that can go over 200mp/h must be destroyed

Austin, you'd probably know that TG UK is coming to channel nine in 2010. So later on it will show but it will take some time. I agree with all your views on TG Aus and it's a complete load of crap..:( They are bringing it back again with Shane Warne as a host (OMFG!). I'm not going to watch it and the show will fail miserably because many people hate it!

Yeah this Shane Warne thing is gonna be interesting. It sort of sucks since it's gonna be moved to WIN (channel nine) because they have a lot of adds which means when it finally does come on, the show will have bits cut out to make it fit but SBS did the same.

Yeah I am definitley not going to be watching TG AU series 3 either. They just can't get the hosts right. And now with Warney who is good at cricket of course but he is going to be a rubbish presenter.

Haha all Car shows have something in common: They all for some reason need to have gear in their name. Top gear, Fifth gear, Final gear. (sorry Tim) Anyway. Let's just pray that Top Gear UK keeps on going because I don't know what i'd do without it.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Best Motoring trumps Top Gear in my opinion. Of course, Top Gear when it's at its best is like noting else, and I love it, it's all the more awesome for it... but the Japanese show is more like a car show for car people and not three television personalities cocking around. They have more races in the vein of Diablo's clip of old TG, but Best Motoring is it's own thing and better than a dying Top Gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJxP1_hnBkg