We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 1999 Honda S2000 (Physics V1.1)

Tool831

• Replies 160
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the physics want to read the custom name but you didn't install it on the SLK so when you tried the physics on something else its trying to find the "Honda S2000 1999" name in your database which isn't added due to you not installing the mod on the SLK.

The new motor is also trying to be read in your game though this gets added if you use the physics installer.

There you go assuming that you know what I did and didn't do, and as usual, you're wrong.

I actually DID put the car into the SLK 55 slot, I just did it MANUALLY because I didn't want the car name changed, I didn't want the motor changed, I didn't want anything else changed but the CAR itself, which is the only thing that should be installed with these installers. All the rest should be left to the physics installer and JUST the physics installer. You shouldn't be changing physics elements with the CAR installer, that should just install the CAR and the RIMS, and that's it. The name changes, the motor changes, and even the rim and tire size changes, those should all be limited to the physics installer, that way it won't crash the game when the two installers aren't combined.

Complaining to me will not help cause I won't do anything about it, if anything I have a giggle at it. Cause to fix it from crashing is soo unbelievable easy that anyone can correct it. Think really hard and you can

succeed on fixing it.

I shouldn't have to fix something that YOU made, you're the modder, you're the one who should be releasing things that DON'T crash people's games under any circumstances, and if there is a game crashing bug found, it's YOU who should be working on fixing it.

But YOU! are the only one with the problem...

Seriously Tool has not had any complaints other than from u so how about this for a suggestion for your brain.

ITS YOUR PROBLEM... If only you are complaining about something after u installed a car the wrong way then its not Tool's Problem.

I don't know if I should interfere, but I don't understand why is all that attitude needed..

As far as I can tell, it's only Kurgan who's got problems, why should he start by complaining? Isn't it easier to say 'Hey, I have a problem, can you help?' or something like that? I for one would be more motivated to help if someone asked me, not yelled at me..

Anyway, back on topic..

Tool, the convertible looks stunning, I'm loving it.. ;)

But YOU! are the only one with the problem...

Because I'm probably the one of the few people here who has well over 110 car mods installed into this game, and I DISAGREE with someone else telling me where I should and should not install these mods to, and I especially DISAGREE with someone telling me HOW I should or should not install these cars, especially when the installers are making changes I don't want, changes which rightfully they shouldn't be making.

The car installer should ONLY install the car and the rims, and maybe if they're included, the gauges and sounds, that's it.

The physics installer should take care of everything else, the car name, the rim+tire sizes, the Cam+IK set, the suspension and steering settings, the ride height, the transmission settings, etc etc etc etc.

If those things are kept separated, then no game crashes will occur because one installer won't be looking for something the other installer put in. Simple Linear Logic.

It also doesn't help that Tool is using a Beta version of the physics and modding tools that the public doesn't have access to, and that's part of the game crashes, the tools are making changes to the game that cause it to crash, and that's NOT MY PROBLEM, it's Tools problem because he was the one who set up the installers.

ITS YOUR PROBLEM... If only you are complaining about something after u installed a car the wrong way then its not Tool's Problem.

Typical Reaper, none of the bugs in ANY of these mods are the problems of the mod creators.......after all they were only the ones who MADE the mods in the first place.....

Installing a car manually is now the wrong way???

Who are you to decide that Reaper when this isn't even your mod???

Neither you or Tool decides where I should install a car to, and you DON'T decide HOW I install it either, it's MY game, not yours, end of discussion.

I don't know if I should interfere, but I don't understand why is all that attitude needed..

As far as I can tell, it's only Kurgan who's got problems, why should he start by complaining? Isn't it easier to say 'Hey, I have a problem, can you help?' or something like that? I for one would be more motivated to help if someone asked me, not yelled at me..

Anyway, back on topic..

Tool, the convertible looks stunning, I'm loving it.. ;)

To be honest, if i install the car via the installer, my game crashes, i've tried 3 cars so far, and 2 of the three crashes my game, the Italdesign BMW crashes my game, the S2000, but the Skyline(which i installed first) works.

Kinda strange, but i install my cars manually, takes about 10 secondes more, but i also setup my own physics, so i don't really care ;)

But still, nice work Tool, you made some great cars ;p keep up the good work.

And Kurgan, what's the problem, if you want 2 install your models manually, it's fine too? why all that complaining?

Sure, an installer that don't work (we are probably the only two, maybe it's our fault, who knows, i don't see any other folks with this problem) it's not so great, but if you want to change another vehicle with the downloaded vehicle, why the stupid complaining, it's pointless, you can grab the BNK files with ease, so i don't really see your point.

And, English is not my first language, so sorry for some grammar faults.

..Because I'm probably the one of the few people here who has well over 110 car mods installed into this game..

I have over 110 mods also, and no crashes, no nothing, the game works like a charm. :D

The car installer should ONLY install the car and the rims, and maybe if they're included, the gauges and sounds, that's it.

The physics installer should take care of everything else, the car name, the rim+tire sizes, the Cam+IK set, the suspension and steering settings, the ride height, the transmission settings, etc etc etc etc.

Erm, no. Why would someone install a mod, and then there isn't a right name, the tires and rims are floating, interior cam is a mess, seatbelt is through the window etc etc.. I mean, hell no.

If those things are kept separated, then no game crashes will occur because one installer won't be looking for something the other installer put in. Simple Linear Logic.

Make your own physics. D'oh. Quote: Simple Linear Logic. :rolleyes:

It also doesn't help that Tool is using a Beta version of the physics and modding tools that the public doesn't have access to, and that's part of the game crashes, the tools are making changes to the game that cause it to crash, and that's NOT MY PROBLEM, it's Tools problem because he was the one who set up the installers.

Dredgy told you a couple of posts before that Tool used TDUPE 2.0 which can be freely downloaded here for anyone who wants it. No beta tools, no nothing hidden from public.. :oook:

Neither you or Tool decides where I should install a car to, and you DON'T decide HOW I install it either, it's MY game, not yours, end of discussion.

It's not your mod, if you don't like it, don't use it. It's Tool's good will that he makes this, and that he has gone all the way to even make digital gauges work, for which was, until now, thought to be impossible. In my eyes, that is a pretty big accomplishment. How would you feel if your pride and joy that you made was so rudely spat on? I know I wouldn't like it.. And there is a way for you to make the car and the physics work.. So, please be so kind to shut your mouth up.. Thank you..

I know I am not a big fish here, but there is some minimum of politeness and helpfulness in these forums, if you asked politely, and wasn't rude, maybe someone, even me, could (WOULD) help you..

And if you continue this, I will simply ignore your post. I don't want to start anything here, I don't know you, you don't know me, I don't mean anything personal, so take this as a pointer to your improvement, and enjoy the game as we all do.. ;)

To be honest, if i install the car via the installer, my game crashes, i've tried 3 cars so far, and 2 of the three crashes my game, the Italdesign BMW crashes my game, the S2000, but the Skyline(which i installed first) works.

Kinda strange, but i install my cars manually, takes about 10 secondes more, but i also setup my own physics, so i don't really care ;)

It may sound silly, but do you have 1.67d community patch?

Tell us more about your problem, I'm glad to help if I can.. ;)

And Kurgan, what's the problem, if you want 2 install your models manually, it's fine too? why all that complaining?

Sure, an installer that don't work (we are probably the only two, maybe it's our fault, who knows, i don't see any other folks with this problem) it's not so great, but if you want to change another vehicle with the downloaded vehicle, why the stupid complaining, it's pointless, you can grab the BNK files with ease, so i don't really see your point.

Agreed.

I had absolute joy driving this car, I'm editing pics now, I'm going to upload them later.. However, LP710-2 Edo is still my favourite.. ;)

@zo6dude, i saw your post to late, so yeah, was busy with plenty of things :P

It may sound silly, but do you have 1.67d community patch?

Tell us more about your problem, I'm glad to help if I can.. ;)

Agreed.

I had absolute joy driving this car, I'm editing pics now, I'm going to upload them later.. However, LP710-2 Edo is still my favourite.. ;)

Good question, maybe that's the problem, i have the extra carpack installed, but i think i have the 1.66 or an older version, maybe soon trying to install the 1.67d, let see if that will work.

And this car is really nice to drive, nice interior, everything is nice, but i saw a bug with the shadows, but for myself, i don't care, i drive only cockpit/hood cam :P

And i think i know how Tool made the rpm counter, pretty easy, he made one big pointer, and made a face with the square spaces in them, and let the big pointer go right after them.

Smart idea, maybe he can do the same with the km/h/mph counter, only that would be extremely hard to calibrate.

Under is the example, but the orange thing turns on the backside of the black rpm cover, i found it when i changed the rpm to 9000 rpm or something, then i saw the backside, so that's the way i found it.

Example:

Are you going to make soft-top version, Tool?

Nah, sorry no soft top.

Car originally was the full coupe (Something like it) So I thought if it already has a roof then the point of a soft top would be a little strange to have really when there already is a hard top.

Hope you get what I mean. :)

Short road test (with keyboard )

I noticed bug, watch carefully 0:03 » 0:06.

Good video, though little suggestion I thought you would of driven in cockpit view not bumper where you cannot see the car, nonless still great video. :)

As for the bug I have no idea the slightest.

and that he has gone all the way to even make digital gauges work, for which was, until now, thought to be impossible.

It still is impossible.

All Tool did was use a standard spinning dial gauge needle, and instead of a needle, he enlarged it to a pie shape, then put it BEHIND the dash, which has holes in it. As the "needle" moves it looks like the LED's are lighting up, but it's just the holes filling up.

It's a nice illusion but it could be made to look better by moving the pivot point for the needle down and to the right to match the center-point of the arc of the holes in the dash. That way when the holes fill up, they'll fill properly instead of at an angle.

I shouldn't have to fix something that YOU made, you're the modder, you're the one who should be releasing things that DON'T crash people's games under any circumstances, and if there is a game crashing bug found, it's YOU who should be working on fixing it.

Well ive said time and time again, I do not support body swapping. Regardless if its been around for centuries.

1999 Honda S2000 (Kurgan's) Physics

Physics by: Tool831

Installer tool By: Djey

FileFront: Download

Note: These are downgraded just to comply with kurgan777 just to body swap, and cause he complains.. :rolleyes:

Enjoy.. Oh btw if these don't work then your game is retarded.

Well ive said time and time again, I do not support body swapping. Regardless if its been around for centuries.

Did you even bother to read what I said???

I wasn't bodyswapping, I installed the car MANUALLY.........

Erm, no. Why would someone install a mod, and then there isn't a right name, the tires and rims are floating, interior cam is a mess, seatbelt is through the window etc etc..

You must have JUST started into TDU modding, because mods were around for a very long time before these stupid installers came into existence, and none of those things were ever a problem as long as the modder made the car PROPERLY and didn't release an incomplete car.

Did you even bother to read what I said???

No, I didn't read what you said cause I couldn't give a crap about your issue's anymore. If its on the same car then though then use the frigging installer.. That would help wouldn't it. Using the installer would save your time bitching at me. A installer is not going to rape your game.

End of discussion kurgan, don't use my mods if you are just going to complain. I really just don't care about you or your opinions anymore, it's enough to make someone jump off a bridge.

Amaranth;281031']Title is what I want to say :)

What is the name of the SLK performance package wheel file?

I patched wheel files on SLK_F_01, 02, 03, but it becomes another wheel when i tuned it

:hmm: You tuned it? where, and how good sir? wen i try and take the SLK to the tune shop it says "this car can not be tuned" please bestow upon me your knowledge oh great one! >.<

I really do wonder why Kurgan keeps demanding stuff as if he paid for the mod. I mean he doesn't even ask politely... He just barges in threads and demands this and that as if he gave a limb to be able to have something... If that was the case, it would be fine (ok, not exactly, since the guy is plain rude), but we got this for free...

Moving on... The S2000 is not my kind of car, but the mod itself looks great!

Good job!

:hmm: You tuned it? where, and how good sir? wen i try and take the SLK to the tune shop it says "this car can not be tuned" please bestow upon me your knowledge oh great one! >.<

Lol. You can tune the regular SLK 55 AMG into a SLK 55 AMG Performance Package if you're not using 1.67d Community Patch. Now if you're using it, you get 2 SLK: The regular one and the tuned one.

So that means when you have the 1.67d patch and buy a Merc SLK 55 AMG Performance Package, you're buying the regular SLK 55 AMG already tuned :)

I hope it is not confusing lol