We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU multiplayer problem

powerslave

Hi,

I have a problem with playing on multiplayer (TDU with megapack). I can connect to TDU servers without any problems, see other on map etc. but 9 of 10 people I can connect to have connection problems (white nickname and connection problem icon). I'm sure the problem is my connection because when I asked a guy with no connection problem and red nickname if the others that are near to us have connection problems he said it's fine on his PC and all of them are red.

I'm using Win7 64bit, Windows Firewall is OFF, I've forwarded ALL ports from this thread - http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=52982 on my Check Point VPN-1 Edge X router but it didn't helped. My net is 24Mbit from BT (United Kingdom).

This is what I have everyday:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Please anyone can help with this??

Guest BlueAce

your router could be the problem. you should adjust its connection address and make sure you have not conflicting hardware about in your house. it could slow down your connection speed, making all your connection bad with other players. try resetting your router or placing it somewhere else in the house

Yes I know it's my router problem, I've put myself into DMZ, I forwarded all required ports.

My connection speed and latency is perfectly stable, pings around 100ms to US, 20ms in UK, below 40ms in whole Europe, so it's not the speed, it must be some setting, but what...??

What do you mean by "adjust its connection address"?

And placing it somewhere else in the house? Seriously man...

Guest BlueAce

you should go into tdu and find a person called KENNEK43, he knows just about everything about computers and tdu. he can help you with your problem and fix you up perfectly. im sure your not the 1st to have this issue with him. he is always in tdu, so you would be able to find him easily, remember:

KENNEK43

Windows 7 sucks so stop using win seven use only the ones on the back con the box, yo have to take computer classes

No kiddin mate, computer classes because I have problems in TDU?:lol: well my windows 7 expert, I'm not going to ruin ur world, but I'm 2nd line IT support, and I still have lags in TDU... how lame ;]

If it's anything like on Xbox, you'll need to open your routers NAT.

My NAT is disabled, I have 4 PC at home network (2003 server, domain etc.), maybe that's it.. but it's odd because I play a lot online - rFactor, CoD, Battlefield, GTA and all of them works perfect, pings low and stable.

And you will need speech theropy. Windows 7 works fine with TDU both 32 and 64 bit.

Indeed, I've never had any problems with running games on any systems, and this is first time I have lags.

TDU's servers has always had problems with NAT. Even though it may be disabled, I think it's to do with the actual router itself. I had a pretty good router once, fast as you'd like, but it would not work with TDU. I simply switched back to my old BT Voyager 220v and that worked like a charm. Instead of throwing the router away, I simply connected the other router via the ethernet ports and disabled the DHCP server on the secondary router (Seeing as you're 2nd line IT tech, I shouldn't have to remind you not to plug the RJ11 into the wall ;))

So, the solution that worked for me was to use a different router. But seeing as your router is a very expensive one, perhaps this may not be the desired solution for you. How about trying a different router, just to see if it is the router the problem is coming from, then putting the expensive router back in...? At least you'll know if it is the router or not that is causing the problem.

If you don't have a spare router lying around, do a quick test by putting just your gaming/TDU computer in the DMZ, to see if a required port or other feature on the router is blocking TDU's outgoing/incoming connections.

Let us know if this worked or not :)

Thanks for the advice mate, but unfortunately I don't have a spare router :( I've already put my PC into DMZ at the beginning but it didn't change a thing. I will try with NAT, but then I'll have to play with my server and other PCs in the network to make all work as it is now, but I'm very lazy so I dunno when I'll do it:)

you should go into tdu and find a person called KENNEK43, he knows just about everything about computers and tdu. he can help you with your problem and fix you up perfectly. im sure your not the 1st to have this issue with him. he is always in tdu, so you would be able to find him easily, remember:

KENNEK43

if he starts screaming names at u its aiight

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, it's me again with different problem..

So I've change my router to DrayTek Vigor 2820 http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2820.html and I'm able to see everyone with good connection! But now I have next problem... each 5, 10 or 15 minutes (exactly 5,10,15) I get disconnected with "Network connection was lost message" :( Of course all ports are opened, I've created rules for this game, nothing helped. I've tried to disable Firewall on router completely but then I was not able to connect to TDU servers at all which is very odd.

Can anyone help with this case now?

Cheers

powerslave