We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Game stuttering problem

Hi guys :),

Recently i updated my graphic card to a Asus GTX 260 SP216. All my games run fine apart from one, TDU. Every time i boot the game up i get really bad stuttering and pauses on the main menu onwards which makes the game unplayable. My spec-

AMD 250 (3.0 GHZ) x2

Asus GTX 260 SP216 (Nvidia 197.13 Drivers)

Asus M2N-E motherboard

4-Gig Ram (DDR2-800)

160Gig SATA harddrive

OS W7 64bit

I play a lot of different games (IL-2 1946, Stalker SHOC + CS, GTR EVO.....) and TDU is the only one that has this problem which is a real shame. My system is always defraged and i use CCLleaner for the registry. Antivirus and Zonealarm are always turned off while gaming.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Try closing any antivirus/firewall/internet security suite software.

Also work out which process is running at a high CPU load.. post it here.

I had a 9800 GX2 so this probably isn't very useful, but I was running version 195.something before.

Cheers for the reply Ryzza5,

I always disable my AVG anti-virus and Zone-alarm software before playing any game. Currently i have removed TDU from my system, removed everything connected to it and gave the registry a good clean using CCleaner followed by a defragging of the hard-drive. I am gonna re-install TDU shortly and see what happens.

I'll keep you posted

Thanks again

Hi guys,

Thanks for replying again Ryzza5. Sorry, i forgot to mention that i only play offline. so the problem is a offline issue. The game is a retail boxed copy pre-patched. I've just formatted and reinstalled OS system and i am about to install some games including TDU.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for your help :)

Hi guys,

Melman, the readme says-

10th of October 2007

This version includes the patch 1.66A. The patch 1.66A does not need to be installed.

Still got the same problem as before, really bad stuttering and both cpu cores running at 100% ( Windows task manager). This was after formatting and re-installing the OS ( Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit) and all drivers are up to date.

Can't seem to find any solution on Google either. Its strange because it worked fine when i first installed Win 7 64bit and i have no problems with other games.

Cheers anyway guys

Uhh where did you get it from?

You can also try creating a new temp Windows account, log into it, close all running processes (as many as possible), and then start the game. You'll have to start a new profile (don't copy the other one accross). See if that runs ok. If you recently installed some mods, try removing them.

Hi again guys,

Bought the game 01/12/2008 from my local "GAME" shop for £9.99. No mods installed. Like i said, formatted and re-installed the OSjust this afternoon. Stalker-Clear Sky runs fine which is the only other game, along with TDU, installed at the present.

Cheers