We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is this a gaming system thats able to play TDU2 ans GTA IV And...

patrikje

I need some help/tips with building my system.

3 Years ago I bought a Packerd Bell Istart D2226.

I upgraded the 2GB RAM to 4 GB DDR2.

I also bought a NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB.

Im planning to buy a MSI - MSI-ATI-R5770-Hawk-1024GB (its MB i guess)

Then my system specs are..

CPU= Intel Pentium Dual Core 1.80GHZ

GPU= MSI - MSI-ATI-R5770-Hawk-1024GB

RAM= 4GB DDR2

Hard Disk=360GB

Im not sure how many WATT my power supply is. But i guess not much.

Is it still possible to use my new videocard With a PS that doesnt has the requered watt?

Is my videocard a good choise?

Can you give me some tips for a new CPU?

Im planning to build up my system bit by bit. And it HAS to be finished at the release of TDU2:p

CPU is probably a little lacking, but you should be able to play the game at high settings.

Core2Quad CPUs (i.e. the Q6600) was a popular choice and should be a bit cheaper now the i7 and i5 range is out now.

If you have an OEM version of Windows, just be a lil' careful as changing too much hardware can deactivate Windows and you'll either have to ring them up and convince them to reactivate or buy another copy.

The 5770 graphics card should be alright, but you will want to have a decent power supply. Generic cheap ones have been known to live a short life when powering up high-end hardware (just ask Pogostickio, he's gone through 2-3 of them in the last year or so). Get a brand name PSU (like Thermaltake, Zalman, Corsair, etc) with 600w or more and you should be ok.

The CPU wont run GTA IV without seriously reducing the gameplay value. Simple as that. I know it says 1.8GHz is fine on the back of the box but that's absolute rubbish. If they'd ported the game properly in the first place, then maybe.

But as said, get a quad core in one form or another and you should be fine. Although, saying that, GTA IV on PC is a difficult game to judge computer specifications for. I've seen people with Core i7s and GTX 295s having problems with the FPS in GTA IV, I get OK FPS on GTA IV on my E8400/8800GT, it's around the 25-45fps mark most of the time with most of the graphics options relatively high. I think it's just luck of the draw with that game whether a person's PC will run it correctly or not.

You may be fine with Test Drive Unlimited 2, it's hard to tell. But, looking at Test Drive Unlimited 1s minimum requirements and then assuming the graphics have been improved a bit for TDU2 you might just be alright. Although I'd say a CPU and graphics card upgrade would future-proof your system and allow you to run games better instead of hoping every new game has low enough system requirements.

I agree with maddog. Your CPU isn't capable of running GTA IV on decent settings. You might get it to work, but it will look bad and still lag.

A decent quadcore and the 5770 you want to buy would be a good investment in lag-free gaming. With that package you'll be around 300 - 400€, if your PSU is capable of providing enough power.

I'd suggest buying an Intel Q9550 (around 220€) and the 5770 you already suggested, or the XFX 5770 XXX, which is about 150€. That means a total of 370€ without a new PSU. Think of around 50€ more for a good PSU. Chances are you might need a new cooler for the quadcore, which would be another 20€ on top of that.

It would be good if you checked your PSU and told us how much watts it supplies and what connectors it has. This will help deciding whether you need a new one or you can stick to your old one.

Thanks for the replies.

I know that my CPU is bad. But im first saving money for the graphic card. And then saving for a CPU and so on. And if I get problems with my OEM I will just by Windows 7 premium. I have Vista basic:P right now.