We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[WIP] Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

gksdlqq

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I want to release it right now...but It has a serious problem. Forza`s japanese cars have right side handle...but TDU don`t so It has no appropriate cockpit camera view....

Lol, maybe you could flip the car (flip horizontally), open up all the UVW maps with text (Badging) and then flip them.

I think the Nissan Skyline is Right Hand Drive, correct me if i am wrong...

I can`t do that because If I flip it 3d model ger mirrored and It works strange...

and all of TDU`s car have left side handle...

It IS possible to mirror a 3D model from left to right, however, doing it PROPERLY takes a ton of work in both 3D and 2D programs, first mirroring the model itself, then redoing all the UV Maps from scratch (the really complicated part), then flipping all the textures, then re-flipping all the text in the textures so it doesn't appear backwards.

I suggest starting with a left hand drive model next time as TDU doesn't have any way to get RHD working.

I cant understand why modders wanna make the same car ever... there's no bady quality EVO V, VIII, etc. But 3, 4, 5 Evo X!

Lamborghini... Veyron, etc... :/

for me, I want to make better quality mods with new original model...

gksdlqq, good job so far, it's turning out to be a very well made mod. Though I must say, the silver accent's on the interior are kinda bright. I don't know if there's a way around that. Though there's this other minor issue I have, that I've seen with all your mods so far. On some angles, the texture is superb, but on others, like this one:

2rpr24h.jpg

It looks a bit too wavy and a tad too shiny. I hope you could address it somehow, as all your mods have that awkward angle.

Anyway I still wish you the best of luck as you're really doing a great job so far.

On some angles, the texture is superb, but on others, like this one:

It looks a bit too wavy and a tad too shiny.

That's not a texture, that's TDU's reflection mapping and the way it handles curves in the model, there's nothing any modder can do about that without remodeling the part from scratch, then re-UV mapping it.

:modwork: Thread cleaned.

Do not start any more off topic posts or arguing. What was posted in this thread had nothing to do with the actual topic. Any not related posts will be deleted and further action taken.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

@Stickers

lol that trash emoticon is just awesome XD

BTT:

might be a retarded idea, but have you tried using bike's camera? Well I don't think it would be on the right, but maybe in the middle. Better than nothing :D

[mod edit:] Please do not post requests in threads that don't ask for them. Use the Mod Requests forum instead if you have permission to do so.

@Stickers

lol that trash emoticon is just awesome XD

BTT:

might be a retarded idea, but have you tried using bike's camera? Well I don't think it would be on the right, but maybe in the middle. Better than nothing :D

[mod edit:] Please do not post requests in threads that don't ask for them. Use the Mod Requests forum instead if you have permission to do so.

I Tried Mclaren cars and Caterham, both have center camera, but they are too low.

Using a bike camera for a car puts the camera on the ground in the center of the car, totally useless.

The Caterham camera is not centered, neither is the Jag, the ONLY centered cams in the game are from the McLarens, and there are NO right hand drive cams at all.

Just like the BMW V12 LMR that was recently released, there will NEVER be a good camera for this car unless someone figures out a way to mirror existing cameras.

So honestly, until you learn how to mirror the interior, or someone else learns how to mirror the cameras, hoping for a good camera is a waste of time.

The best thing you could do is move on to another mod until those things happen, don't continue to waste time on a futile project.

I want to release it right now...but It has a serious problem. Forza`s japanese cars have right side handle...but TDU don`t so It has no appropriate cockpit camera view....

You should ask me to change it LAZ ;)

I haven't downloaded that particular mod (Because I want the GPS :p)

But I have an awful feeling that the entire car has just been shifted further left to accommodate the right hand drive position.

I didn`t shifted car left....and that`s why this car doesn`t have appropriate camera........I just moved cockpit`s dummy right.