We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Please, I need some HELP!

Gooner250

Today I have discovered this forum. It is amazing. I love Test Drive Unlimited, and I really like to see new cars in it.

But i CAN'T!!

Cars from Realased Mods aren't working :( It's really sad. I downloaded MagicMap.

Especially cars from user called Tool(...) are amazing!

I downloaded his Mercedes E500 Coupe, I press exe file, click on the arrow, and there is an error :

"Current patch cant be installed, patch was not applied as a critical error occured. Please contact Modding Tools support" " :( :(

Other his cars, for example Mazda RX-7 or Renault Megane, I can install them correctly, but I have crash in game and it switch off :(

I don't know what to do, help.

Today I have discovered this forum. It is amazing. I love Test Drive Unlimited, and I really like to see new cars in it.

But i CAN'T!!

Cars from Realased Mods aren't working :( It's really sad. I downloaded MagicMap.

Especially cars from user called Tool(...) are amazing!

I downloaded his Mercedes E500 Coupe, I press exe file, click on the arrow, and there is an error :

"Current patch cant be installed, patch was not applied as a critical error occured. Please contact Modding Tools support" " :( :(

Other his cars, for example Mazda RX-7 or Renault Megane, I can install them correctly, but I have crash in game and it switch off :(

I don't know what to do, help.

Have you downloaded the correct magic map?

Make sure the magic map is correctly installed.

The .exe are auto-installers. I prefer not to use them.

Use Djey's TDU Modding Tools (Found on this site) to install the cars.

Simply Go into the rar/zip that you downloaded, then look in the "patchs" folder. You'll see

- Car.bnk

- Car_I.bnk

- Rim.bnk

and two other files - the other two are physics - LEAVE THEM OUT :p

Then use TDUMT to install the .bnk's onto whatever car you like :)

Make sure the magic map is correctly installed.

The .exe are auto-installers. I prefer not to use them.

Use Djey's TDU Modding Tools (Found on this site) to install the cars.

Simply Go into the rar/zip that you downloaded, then look in the "patchs" folder. You'll see

- Car.bnk

- Car_I.bnk

- Rim.bnk

and two other files - the other two are physics - LEAVE THEM OUT :p

Then use TDUMT to install the .bnk's onto whatever car you like :)

But for example in Renault Megane, in this folder patchs, there are only two files, install, and unistall, PCH files(??). How can i install this without crash?

The files you downloaded, then, are physics files. You'll want the actual car files.

Located: HERE or HERE

Sponge

Spongie, I downloaded exactly this files! And this is physics only.

Look: http://www.filefront.com/15095419/Renault-Mgane-Coup-Physics.rar/ It doesn't work.

You didn't even read what Kurgan told you in the other thread where you asked the exact same question

I read, but I am new and I have no idea about this files and mods, he only said, that it won't work... And still I didn't know what's going on.

And a new problem. Can you belive that? TDU Mod Tools doesn;t work. New error, "TDU main folder not set properly. Please check your settings"

I have the worst computer on the planet, or what?

I would also recomment to install it manually. this installer thing seem to be a neat idea for super lazy people. And also be the greatest oppertunity to screw up your game totally.

I completely disagree it will only screw up if you let it, by giving it wrong info. Something i did notice in Gooner's image..... his install path. Says E:\Atari\

Shouldnt it be something closer to E:\Atari\Testdriveunlimited or E:\Atari\TDU

Every car ive downloaded that had an auto installer, ive used the installer and never had any problems EVER. but thats coz i pay attention to what im doing.. i make sure the installer is running in admin mode and i make sure the folder location is correct. when you hit install it goes to the correct location and installs perfect. All the installer is really doing is copying files from one location to another, unless you give it incorrect info , how can it screw up anything??