We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How do you increase your chances of connecting to your friend online?

Crys

So, I have been searching for an answer to my question on this forum but I didn't find much relevant stuff and tbh I don't even really know what keywords to search for.. (also, sorry if I posted in the wrong subforum)

The thing is, TDU's online system is absolutely horrible and gives me and my friends headaches.

When you decide to cruise together you pick a spot on the map and spawn there. But the chances that you and your friend connect to the same server are really ridiculously low.

And after 50 spawns when you have finally connected to your friend, you or your friend have some massive lag which makes it unplayable.

So then you can spend another hour on trying to connect to each other without lag.

Seriously, how hard can it be? There are many other games out there (even free ones) with a far more reliable online system.

So, does anyone here know some tricks that increase the chances of connecting to your friend in less than a billion tries and possibly without getting lag once you've done it?

Really, it makes me rip my hair out trying to get this to work and I really don't want to spend my precious weekend on such a timewaste :(

Go somewhere without other players. Thats kinda the only solution and it doesn't always work either. Seriously, I have suffered from it since the release. You'll only have to get used to it.

e: Andreaz, if you haven't noticed, it does that if you click on the name or a road nearby. It's rubbish. Gah I hope its fixed in TDU2

Find your friend on the huge map and click on his name, that should make the server want to connect you two to each other. The lagging however is a bit of a hit and miss.

Yes, that's exactly what we do. And yeah, we also try different spots, but the ones with very few players don't work much better than the super-populated ones. If this isn't better in TDU 2 then I don't know :(