We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU freezes if I drive near......

CamaroSSMan

I have a big issue. Whenever I drive anywhere near a Deluxe Paint Shop or a Car Rental Place, the game freezes and I have to end it. I really wish I could paint my car in there. It happens before I even see these places, so it must be whenever it loads.

The reason it does this is because I downloaded mods for these two places. For the V-Rent, I installed the Hertz mod, and for the Deluxe Paint Shop, I installed the mod that allows painting any car. I thought I had a backup of the original files, but I do not, and I really do not want to reinstall the game considering the immense amount of modding I have done.

Is there anything that I can do, or is there anywhere I can get the original files online?

It just gets really annoying having to watch where I drive and having to quit out all the time, and I really would love to be able to go to the Deluxe Paint Shop.

I really hope someone can help me.

Please and thank you very much

I think I can fix it if I were able to find a .BNK Re-Packer. Figured out what the readme was telling me to do, and I unpacked the .bnk in order to change some files. The unpacker I found doesnt repack however. The only Packer I could find online isnt up anymore.

Nevermind, I just used the Modding Tools, but now the game crashes instead of freezing.. Gosh I need to find the original files!

okay so I think I may have solved the V-Rent problem. I just saw in my TDU Modding Tools that there are two copies of the cubemap.2db file (Inside of Level-Hawaii-Spots-ecr_a.bnk). I dont think it is supposed to be like this since that is one of the files that I was supposed to replace for the Hertz mod. I cant figure out how to delete one though.

You can't delete nor add files in BNK yet, just replace or rename.

There's a copy now because you might have replaced a wrong file by mistake and selected 'replace > change name' during the first operation (or you've encountered a rare bug in TDUMT)

You'd better install a clean game copy elsewhere (on a removable hard disk for example) then get BNK files to your first location. This clean backup will be useful for many times :)