We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Buying CD-key

akabreak

Hey guys, you probably see that I'm new here, got a few questions.

I played TDU pretty much since it came out, on that non-legit way. Now I setup moneybookers account and I want to buy the CD-key so I can play it online.

Cheapest I found is this: http://www.cdkey-game.com/test-drive-unlimited-cd-key-p-339.html

$7 and they send it to my email.

Did any of you bought it maybe from there, it looks legit..?

I tried to buy it from official site but my country isn't supported, and on most other sites they want paypal, but again, on paypal my country is "half" supported, so it's not the option for me.

And 1 more thing, If I buy the game one way or another, can I play online if I dont buy the megapack? Because, well, this is actually the first game I want to buy and I dont want to spend more on that megapack because I like the cars that came with the game itself.

If I can play it online without, will I see guys who drive megapack cars in some other cars or what?

Hope you wont delete this thread just because I played cracked version and want to buy CD key only.. ;) (according to that site they actually buy the game in china or somewhere rly cheap and send the key only)

Please only post in the TDU Central sections with things regarding the forum.

As to that site, I wouldn't trust it and you still wouldn't be able to play online as you don't have the original game media.

You'll need to find a way of buying the game properly, either as a digital download(payed for) or a physical copy from somewhere. It may be hard to do so in your country though as you mentioned.

but thats the thing with moneybookers, you make the payment in secure moneybookers page, not store page.. They can only request money from me because they know the email, then I can refuse and report, but to steal money they need my password.. and they know that as much as one of you here know it..

btw. amazon only has used copys of the game, still in search of downloadable one that supports moneybookers..

I could actually setup Paypal acc, but it still isnt fully supported here. Money can only travel 1 way, away from me :D , If for some reason some order fails I would not be able to get refund because deposits on Croatian paypal accounts are not possible, thats why I rather made moneybookers account because that one is fully supported..

I'll find it somewhere already.. gotta ring those shops nearby to bug them a lil more when will they get it again..

I think the problem is solved.

That key looks to be legit, but my problem was that I couldn't enter the game to enter the key without cracking it first, which then rulend it all. So I found that mini image which is loaded by deamon tools, so I can enter, write the original cd-key and it connected to the servers.

I am able to see multiplayer races, and when in map it says in up left corner that servers are available, just that I still didn't see anybody roaming around? People don't play anymore, or just not this late for europe people?

Also while I was driving around for like half an hour 2 times it disconnected from the servers, probably reconnected automatically?

But even if there will be little-non players I'm still glad that those AI racers are gone. :D They always mess up a nice cruise by crashing into me...

edit: entered the game again, this time I saw players, made few nice cruises :D

• 2 weeks later...

im in australia. i have original CD "atari best buys" tdu, and used that megapack no probs.

i also sent both of them as a "gift" to a friend who i now race online with :)

TDU

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Test-Drive-Unlimited-243-0.html

TDU megapack

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Test-Drive-Unlimited---MegaPack-507-0.html