We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can I still play online if...

Razzman

I recently got a new computer which actually plays this game at a decent level. To make the game run smoother on my old machine I removed the traffic from the game. I know that this causes massive problems if you want to play online so I wont be doing it this time as I quite fancy taking it online. However I would quite like to remove all the floating paper and particles in the euro/bnk/details folder as its incredibly irritating. Can I do this and still play online without any problems?

Yes, you can do this, it causes no errors with the game in the slightest online.

However if you remove traffic, bugs do occur and it's very unfair to other people playing the game because they will encounter invisible traffic cars but I don't think that's what you were on about.

Thanks guys thats great news. Queen thats pretty much what I thought.

Just out of interest if you remove the traffic and play online with a group of others who've all done the same (however unlikely that might be) does this remove the invisible traffic problem?

A couple more questions along the same lines. I came across a post on another forum that suggested some changes which could be made to the FX.ini file such as to the grass and foliage and even had a link to a modified FX.ini and Weather.ini. If I change any of this or replace the files with the modified ones will it affect online play?

Also in the details folder what does RoadPatch.bnk do? If I remove the Birds.bnk and Papers.bnk do I still need to keep RoadPatch.bnk and will removing it affect online play?

Just want to make the game run as smooth as possible but still be able to take it online without creating problems for other players when I do. All your help is greatly appreciated guys.

The FX.ini and weather.ini files are fine for editing online, lots of online safe mods edit those files.

I believe the roadpatch.bnk file is just for the different coloured patches on the roads. I imaging it's fine for editing or removing. But I'm not too sure on that one. It may crash the game though, so just change the name to roadpatch.bnk.old so if it crashes you can always give its old name back.

Thanks Mellors, thats good to hear. Wasnt able to play online on my old pc as it lagged too much so I wanna make sure I get as smooth frame rate as possible for going online this time. With that in mind can I also remove particle.bnk? I think I'm right in saying its only use is for tyre smoke from wheelspin.