We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BMW Supercar! Woop!

T0M722

Omg. The day that I've been waiting for for a long time! BMW have released new images of a supercar which was based on their Vision concept in Frankfurt 2009. It can reach 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, has a 328hp engine and on electric energy alone, the car has a range of 31 miles, but the addition of a small diesel engine gives a boost to 435 miles. The Vision EfficientDynamics features a three-cylinder turbo diesel engine and hybrid motor on the front axle, and a full hybrid engine on the rear axle, making it all-wheel drive.

I am reaallly excited about this despite the poor numbers it throws out. But who knows, it could be how the car uses those numbers. The car looks awesome and apparently there's no info yet on how much and when it will be coming.

For now, here's some sexy pictures and a video of BMW's entry into the world of Supercars.

Official BMW Website: http://www.dontblogaboutthis.com

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bmw-vision-efficient-dynamics-production-2010-11-05 <---Link to TG's report

5148633471_ef9634eb11_z.jpg

5149237950_113325fde5_z.jpg

5149237854_45a32d096a_z.jpg

5148633201_7edd9c8778_z.jpg

5149237700_2ca2ccbf71_z.jpg

I'm quite sure that it's going into production. That's why I'm so excited.

The vehicle has now officially been revealed: A fully road-ready technology showcase vehicle based on the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept study. And a serial production has been confirmed!

So this is what dontblogaboutthis.com was about. Cool. (Saw the pics many days ago somewhere, didn't bother to read the stickers.) I was worried it was just the new 6-series or M6. :p

Hybrids in supercars should be only to increase power beyond what the engine can produce. If Bugatti says "Hmm, we can't get any more power out of this," then I would be fine with them adding a hybrid to boost power. Unfortunately, the batteries add weight, etc., etc., and then we're back where we started - no gain, but heavier.

However, I trust BMW will have the brains to make the M1 a real supercar. :)

-Leadfoot