We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modem crashing randomly..

AustinDB9

Yeah I saw it.... I bet you are right but the telstra guy I've been emailing says the Thomson we are getting is an expensive one so it lasts longer and it can do a lot more things than our current ones such as more PC's are able to connect to it, online gaming and overall faster internet speeds since I mentioned how our internet has been slower than what we signed up for and I'm taking his word that it will get up to 200kb/s with this modem.

IF it's rubbish, As you said I'll throw it out and just buy a new one. Is that Netcomn NB6 worth getting??

I do a bit of online gaming. Only really TDU* when it's working and COD MW2. Then again it barely works as most of the games have ping limits which I exceed.

I know how annoying this can be, when I bought my new Netgear router it used to drop the internet all the time, requiring a reboot to get it online again. Wireless would stay active but with no access. I eventually solved that by lowering the MTU from the default 1500 to 1400. Got patched eventually and I've moved it up to 14.. and some random number now but for weeks it drove me mad with it's random but guaranteed drop outs.

• 1 month later...

Bump and Update.

The router issue has been fixed. We got a replacement as of yesterday. We also found out they were breaching the contract. As I said in the first post we have a 100GB bandwidth but we apparently went over this month and we found out they never changed it from 25GB to 100GB. So in plain, for the past 7 months we have been paying an extra $70 a month for identical bandwidth as the last plan and mucchhh slower speeds.

So in the upside to our 'scam' we have unlimited downloads and really fast internet for the next 3 months as well as a free HD set top box :) I am getting 2.6mbps download speed at the moment. Yay!