We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Activation/Securerom need help!

DJSalajutsu

So, I recently bought tdu cuz i couldnt wait till tdu2 anymore and wanted to get online, so i bought a digital download. Installed and played fine, cd key worked, online worked, though cruddy server, but still fun! However, everytime I start it up, it asks for my activation key again. And since digital download limits to five uses with the key, i used em up. I went through the troubles of request more activations, after being told by atari to download the Securerom diagnostic tool. This tool doesn't work at all. Cannot connect to Securerom server or whatever. Disabled firewall, on a recently formatted win 7 x64. As i said, the game WORKS but since I got 3 more activations from my request, and 1 is used up already, and asking me for it again, idk what I can do. Atari hasn't responded anymore (go figure) and I'm left with 2 more uses. I've tried disabling my virtual drives, and uninstalling some games. I've also deleted the cdkey.txt file and reentered. I've put tdu in steam as non-steam game so i can use the chat. I've tried undoing that, and still the same result. I just bought it, and I already can't play it :( Can anyone help? t'would be much appreciated!

Yeah i tried that and didn't work. Securom's analasys reported that it was a securom issue with the download. they sent me a new .exe file to use, which made the activation stop finally, but was outdated and couldn't reupdate in hopes the it will work. it keeps saying theres a new update available and if i want to download it. which took me to nowhere lol. but I decided to reinstall the game again just for kicks, and it worked randomly, without the new exe, just the original, so idk what worked, but it works so far...hopefully it won't ask me again. :D anyway Im online as Salajutsu, hope to see yallz there!!

Edit: Well Im not sure if anything deletes it when i turn of my pc. Could be a firmware problem...dunno...but now that I got past that part, I'm getting the infamous "Failed to connect to TDU server. Please check network connection and try again." servers down? Honestly I have never had so many problems with a legal game, never ever..I wish I didn't buy it....i love the game, but at the cost of 20+ of maintainance, versus the maybe HOUR i've managed to play...

not to mention, the site that I bought it from Metaboli.co.uk is now telling me they only deal with US game problems O.o am I missing something here? co.uk is not a uk website?! They also changed my account name from my nickname to my real name on my billing address, and changed my email tied to the account. I wish so much I could just refund...

EDIT: so i guess tdu servers are down till the 17th for maintainance. ok np.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had this happen. If I hadn't played it in a while, it'd ask for the activation. Then yesterday got the message the activation was used too many times.

I'd already almost given up on the game when I got my CSP pedals and found out they aren't supported but figured I'd try it with my controller instread. Then this crap!!

I also can't do anything about it as I get the message when trying to get through to their site to enalble cookies, blah blah blah.......

I tried a few things but no luck and recall I had a similiar problem when I ordered it originally.

Myself, I have TDU2 pre-ordered through Steam (which I've had nothing but good luck with) and gave up on the whole thing. I just hope TDU2 supports my pedals........:lol: