We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5: Photo Upload

T1M

Hi.

Since there isn't one of these threads yet, I thought it might be useful for some people to have a tutorial of how to upload pictures. I know pretty much everyone knows, but one or two people have asked me on how to do it so here goes.

1. Take a picture using Photo Travel, where you can take static shots of Premium Cars Only with fantastic background detail and of course foreground detail. You can also take photos using photomode from the Replay of a race, just pause when viewing the replay and click 'Photo Mode' to the right of the screen. This can be used for panning and action shots, along with many more, and you can use Standard Cars aswell here. Don't forget to save the photo when it asks!

2. Once saved, the photo will be stored in 'Photo Album' found in GT Mode. Click on there and find the images you wish to upload.

3. Click on the image until it opens full size, then scroll along to an icon that says 'Upload to XMB'. It is towards the right/middle iirc.

4. Once you have done this with all photos you wish to upload, quit the game once you have finished playing. Then, on the Home screen, plug a USB stick into the console.

5. The photos can be found in the 'Photos' section on the Home screen. There should be a folder with the month listed you uploaded the photos to 'XMB'. If it's December for example, there should be a folder named 'Dec 2010' or something. Open this folder.

6. On the images you wish to upload, hit triangle (you don't have to view full size) and then select 'Copy' then select your USB device. If it informs you there is another image with the same name, select 'Rename and save'.

I doubt it's needed as I say, but oh well. By the way, this can sometimes be a slow process, but it is worth it!

• 3 weeks later...