We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

HDMI Capture card recommendations

Ryzza5

Just wondering if anyone has used a capture card with HDMI inputs that doesn't have any input or processing lag (i.e. for playing PS3/360 games using the display on my PC + recording it).

I've already found one or two options that I might go for but will wait and see what you think. I also already have a capture card as part of my dual TV tuner card, but it doesn't do HDMI.

This is what I'm currently looking at in any case:

http://www.avermedia.eu/avertv/uk/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=440

Well, instead of connecting your PS3 to your TV (or computer monitor in my case), you connect it to the capture card installed in your PC.

You can then play Gran Turismo 5 in a window on your PC, or perhaps more importantly, you can record the gameplay, just like you would use FRAPS with your PC games.

Oh, physically, the PS3/360 connects to the PC itself, and its run like a program? Interesting, and useful for many situations. I'm sure I'll get one eventually, but for now I'm happy with my dual monitor, dual input setup (great for audio splitting and gameplay). Of course the need me to record snippets of gameplay is more or less inevitable. :)

Thanks for the explanation. :)

-Leadfoot

Yeah - I mentioned running the game for convenience, but full screen is also an option (still 1080p quality).

I can already record video from the PS3 but the quality is very bad, and it lags (processing/converting the video on the fly instead of showing it "as is", which means you can only really record replays, and not actual gameplay)