We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Changing Gears

Elder_of_Lyons

I will explain myself without being so aggresive:

The Ferrari 458 sounds good, the Ferrari F430 actually sounds amazing, its roaring, the gear change is smooth, its one of the best I've heard in TDU2. My concern is the following, in the Ferrari 599GTO, specially noticeable in the first 3 gears, when the gears change, it sounds funny, it isn't natural nor smooth. Its by 6:50 and further, the gear changing is very abrupt, the sound stops and then continues from a too low Rev.

Look, I don't want people to shut me up or something, I just wanted someone to tell me why this happens with some cars. I am worried because about 50% of the cars seen in the vids seem to suffer from the same problem. I don't know if it is because of that version of the game. It just looks and sounds very strange, you can see it clearly if you focus on the REV counter. The revs go down very fast, and they start again from a predetermined point.

It just doesn't seem like something EDEN wouldn't notice or not do something about. So I just wanted you to comment on what you think about this matter rather than what you think about me. Please tell me what you think about this.:thumbsup:

(this is the last time I want to discuss this, but I post over and over because most people just tell me to shut up instead of commenting on the actual matter of the post.)

I see what you mean on the GTO, although I can't personally say it bothers me that much given that it sounds very little like a GTO anyway. Although I admit the vast majority won't be able to draw the comparison.

Thank you for commenting in an objective way. I hope from now on I can make friends with the fans in the TDU Central forum again. :thumbsup:

Again, sorry for my aggressiveness in the posts!:cheeky:

I have to be honest, I completely agree with Elder_of_Lyons. I was expecting so much more of this game because it's got a lot of potential. Already in the early stages I noticed that this game wouldn't be like I hoped, they were too much focussed at the social aspects. So I had to adjust my expectations quite a bit. (massive understatement)

I'm going to buy the game anyway (not at the releaseday though) because Nour Polloni said multiple times that they can add and edit everything they want with this particular game engine. So I'll take her word on that matter.

Just a little tip for the developers, take a look at NFS HP 2010. That game is arcade as hell (not my piece of cake) but the way the cars sound (very important), shift, gain and lose power is actually quite good. (I'm not talking about the handling)

Everything I also wanted to say is actually already said by Elder_of_Lyons, so no need for me repeating that.

My question is why does it happen with only some cars. The Ferrari F430 sounds awesome, you can barely notice that gear changing thing. Yet, with the 599GTO is very noticeable.

I don't understand much about engine sound recording and such, but it seems rather strange, specially in the 599GTO and the Veyron.

I don't know what can and can not be changed with patches and DLCs, but I believe that with the community discussing the issues and EDEN working on the problems over the years, this game can reach ABSOLUTE AND INDISPUTABLE AWESOMENESS!:chewy::monkeydance::taz:

My question is why does it happen with only some cars. The Ferrari F430 sounds awesome, you can barely notice that gear changing thing. Yet, with the 599GTO is very noticeable.

I don't understand much about engine sound recording and such, but it seems rather strange, specially in the 599GTO and the Veyron.

I don't know what can and can not be changed with patches and DLCs, but I believe that with the community discussing the issues and EDEN working on the problems over the years, this game can reach ABSOLUTE AND INDISPUTABLE AWESOMENESS!:chewy::monkeydance::taz:

I would assume some cars may be harder to record, or just

accessibility to some cars are more difficult? i think it may be a similar

situation to TDU1, as in some cars sounded spot on, others like the SLR

and ME-412 (dyson edition) sounded either wrong or like hoovers, but

all in all, even if some cars sound a little different, same or hooverish?

by the time you get round all the cars you'll find a select few you'll drive

over and over again and have a big grin on your face.

Personally, i've never played a driving game which is perfect, Forza 3 came

close, GT5 was miles away (IMO) but like you said, TDU has such a different

concept that little mistakes probably get overlooked and some things get

forgotten, im sure they can patch a surprising amount, once people

have played the final game and had a chance to get used to it, still, there's no

doubt in my mind this will be a fantastic game.