We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Aussie Post-Cyclone Check-in Thread

Immelmann

Thanks. I'm in Melbourne (right down the bottom of Australia opposite where Tasmania is) so I'm fine. Queensland had all those floods recently (just south of where the cyclone is, but probably some overlap), and they had their last cyclone back in 2005, and one before it in 1996 I think.

I've been using this link to keep tabs on it.

I'm with Ryzza. Melbourne.

Massive kick in the teeth to them. Especially since they had huge floods a few weeks ago... 177,000 thousand home without power but it was a Category 5 cyclone which hit the coast at Midnight last night local time in Queensland (1am where Ryzza and I live). Anyway, i don't think we have anyone who lives in Far North Queensland who is actually a regular member anyway...

We had quite a storm last night and here's the result about 5-10km's from my house (which is on a hill so all good).

I rode down on a friends bike with him to help out his friends in there.

05022011332.jpg

05022011334.jpg

05022011335.jpg

05022011336.jpg

Narre Warren - Cranbourne Rd (just under the railway overpass near Fountain Gate)

05022011337.jpg

05022011338.jpg

05022011339.jpg

05022011340.jpg

My friend in blue on the bike ahead:

05022011341.jpg

05022011342.jpg

05022011343.jpg

I'm In Carrum downs which is near Frankston ( about 10 mins from where Ryzza took those photo's) & we didnt get any flooding at all. I could of slept on the street in the rain if i wanted lol.

Oh incase you wanted to see some people with more money then sense tackle a flooded street in Melbourne enjoy

haha Yeah, it's just decided to pick only on Australia (Mainly east) for the past month or so..... :P

Bianca was a quick one. We only had the big clouds when from when it was at about Perth (300km north) until it died 20km south of me. So it was only 8-12 hours of rotten weather. Now we're back to cloudless 30+ degree days although the wind is still sticking around even though it hit just under a week ago.There was heaps of rain but no floods worth mentioning.. Your side of Aus definitely copped it a lot more then us :/

My town was hit by Cyclone Bianca about a week ago (Other side of Australia in comparison to Queensland) so apart from a the roof of one of our water tanks being torn off and a few fallen over trees, all was ok. Nothing like what Yasi has done

Well that's good to hear :)

• 1 year later...
Guest MrLolololXD
Should tell them to move to sunny-rainy-sunny-rainy-sunny-rainy-sunny Melbourne :)

Fixed.

I've fixed a few posts today, I'm on a roll.