We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cups

Kinder

MAN, THAT IS AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its impossible, I am like 5 seconds ahead of the competition, but then suddently (even though I am going as fast I can) I just start losing more and more time. Its awfully difficult.

It happens in lots of races in TDU2, in the same race you have parts that are too easy and parts that are impossible.

Plus, even though my Golf GTI has tuning to max level, Tess Wintory's Golf that is 5 meters behind my own, is always faster than mine till 100kmp1h (at least), really annoying!

I have to disagree. Most challenges are easy, even too easy. But then you get to the Cups and things get awfully difficult for no reason. I was playing the Ibiza Cup A7 Time Attack Challenge and I am tired, my eyes are burning and my body hurts. That challenge is disproportionately hard. I think they shouldn't make challenges that hard, specially given that most of the other challenges are stupid easy and the crappy physics the game has. I am trying to hold my Golf's grip and its just impossible, I go as fast as I can but there is always a turn in which I can't help my self but lose control of the car, so I think they should have thought about the crappy physics engine thy built and the fact that the game has a low frame rate before making certain challenges suddently so hard.

I have to disagree. Most challenges are easy, even too easy. But then you get to the Cups and things get awfully difficult for no reason. I was playing the Ibiza Cup A7 Time Attack Challenge and I am tired, my eyes are burning and my body hurts. That challenge is disproportionately hard. I think they shouldn't make challenges that hard, specially given that most of the other challenges are stupid easy and the crappy physics the game has. I am trying to hold my Golf's grip and its just impossible, I go as fast as I can but there is always a turn in which I can't help my self but lose control of the car, so I think they should have thought about the crappy physics engine thy built and the fact that the game has a low frame rate before making certain challenges suddently so hard.

Buy the Mito, its awesome.

Yeah, but I have the Golf now. I love the MiTo though, it has one of the best engine sounds in the game and that italian design is just gorgeous.

ITS FRUSTRATING, this is actually the first game in which I am AFFRAID of moving the analog stick, the slightest thing the car just spins out of control. Its a FREAKING DISGRACE these physics, this doesn't happen to any car, anywhere... I HAVE FEAR of moving the bloody analog stick! WHERE IN BLOODY HELL DID THEY GET THE IDEA THAT A 2010 GOLF GTI JUST FREAKING SPINS OUT OF CONTROL IN EVERY, AND I DO MEAN EVERY SINGLE, FREAKING, BLOODY TURN???????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now, you finish the race, sweating... and then you have two very easy races. Now I am stuck with a time attack of one lap around Ibiza 119km. This is just ridiculous, I couldn't trust any car to race this challenge, so I'll take my most trustworthy car, my 370Z!

I have tried every single approach, but the Golf is just uncontrollable. I'd even say unpredictable, when you think you are perfectly nailing a turn, most of the times when exiting the turn the car loses control, and if you try to balance it, most of the times its just gonna be worse.

I am telling you, I don't know if you already drove the Golf GTI in TDU2, but its really hard. Some other cars are also difficult to drive but this one is very peculiar. That is why I am so angry at it. The Brera and the MiTo handle perfectly, almost every other car handles well, but for no apparent reason the Golf is insufferable.

I used the Brera, it was easy. I have noticed no difference in difficulty between standard race events and cups. There are certain cars that are useless, the Hummer for example is hopeless and you will struggle to win in it. The Aston Martin V8 Vantage is a mess too, spinning for fun, same for the V8 R8. If it isn't working out for you why not try a new car?

Try taking your foot off the accelerator and dabbing the brake when going round a corner. Or, actually slow down and use a racing line through the corner.

It can't be impossible, just blantantly obvious that you're doing it wrong. Try a different approach.

Posible.I`m gonna try a different approach.And my G-25 gearshifter it`s totaled from engine breaks.Like i`m in third gear and fast in to second and floor it around corners.But B4 cups and races are pretty hard.especially on the very S roads.the curves are killing me.

The Golf is really not-awesome. On the A7 "High" im having huge issues completing the timetrials.. after setting the "steering damping" all the way to the left and the brake linearity all the way to the left, its more manageable. But yeah, im having the exact same problems you describe, Elder_of_Lyons. Its odd, because the regular races im owning in it.

Seriously though, you've got to just get better at it. I mean, if there was a difficulty setting I would be cranking it up right now to get more money for winning. Most of these races are so blatantly easy is mostly a fast cruise by yourself in first. I am not trying to be mean, or condescending but I see you keep posting responses out of frustration.

The majority of the races are totally easy. I've even wrecked so bad that I needed to hold B to get back on track and climbed back up from 8th to win it. You just gotta get better, it's not one of the games faults.

I have tried every single approach' date=' but the Golf is just uncontrollable. I'd even say unpredictable, when you think you are perfectly nailing a turn, most of the times when exiting the turn the car loses control, and if you try to balance it, most of the times its just gonna be worse. [/quote']

I can't comment on the golf. The guy from the VVV videos said it was just awful, awful, awful so I just avoided. I used the Alfa mito for that championship.

Yeah, but I have the Golf now. I love the MiTo though, it has one of the best engine sounds in the game and that italian design is just gorgeous.

ITS FRUSTRATING, this is actually the first game in which I am AFFRAID of moving the analog stick, the slightest thing the car just spins out of control. Its a FREAKING DISGRACE these physics, this doesn't happen to any car, anywhere... I HAVE FEAR of moving the bloody analog stick! WHERE IN BLOODY HELL DID THEY GET THE IDEA THAT A 2010 GOLF GTI JUST FREAKING SPINS OUT OF CONTROL IN EVERY, AND I DO MEAN EVERY SINGLE, FREAKING, BLOODY TURN???????

Now, you finish the race, sweating... and then you have two very easy races. Now I am stuck with a time attack of one lap around Ibiza 119km. This is just ridiculous, I couldn't trust any car to race this challenge, so I'll take my most trustworthy car, my 370Z!

Like I said, I haven't used the golf but as far as the games physics go, I urge you to set up your settings like the ones laid out in my other post. It really makes a world of difference, and I have no problem with the car handling now.

http://forum.tdu-central.com/showpost.php?p=392972&postcount=1

Plus' date=' even though my Golf GTI has tuning to max level, Tess Wintory's Golf that is 5 meters behind my own, is always faster than mine till 100kmp1h (at least), really annoying! [/quote']

Well to be fair, she is your rival in this series. Every arcade racing game uses rubberbanding effects to justify a riviarly. In short, your rivals car will always be equal two or better, just by game coding. NFS, and burnout is horrible with it, I swear if you drove a Lamborghini and the AI drove civics, they would keep up with you in that game.

Seriously though man, you just got to get better. I beat the race around Ibiza in the Subaru wrx sti. I beat the required time by 13 minutes and second place was 9 minutes behind. Like I said, no offense, but this is a problem with you not the game.

Without tuning and on hardcore mode I used the Esprit, Brera, Toureg, and TTS with a G25 manual clutch without trouble. btw, if you do that last time trial (the long one at the end of the cup) and finish Amy less than 4 minutes ahead you"re clearly doing something wrong.

I agree though, the B4 time trials are a pain. The cup one, however, was not. Just keep trying :)

i enjoyed the entire Ibiza Area 1 Cup challenge. sure, i had to redo the B4 time trial a couple times, kept getting sideways. but it helped me learn to drive the Rover better. and that last race, the long one? cranked up some Tool and rallyed the WRX thru that race. kinda disappointed when it ended actually, i was having fun.

I have a Golf, I drive on Hardcore setting and it was fine, as long as you push on the throttle in the corners because somehow when you take off your foot (finger) off the accelerate, it spins. You are overreacting, Mclaren MPC12-4 is much harder to control, 3rd gear and sideways.