We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Control issues

Groovester

Right... So after I managed to get the TDU 2 going, now I am noticing multitude of little bugs and things not working.

First off, where is roof control? Not that I have driven a convertible car yet, but its not in car controls....

Where is it? Or did they remove it? Or is it simply automatic for when its raining? Like lights when it gets dark...

Car handling is completely different. Cars feel literally 'glued' to the road. Well, it is realistic up to a point... Steering is very unresponsive. Even on the most sensitive setting. Oh well, hopefully it will change. Its not a bug, just a nuisance...

Also, its SOO easy to spin off even on sport. I drive hardcore but its painfully hard....

Engine is running by default. You cant switch it on or off. Or can you? I dont know how and where.... Is it even possible?

Gears. Gears. Gears.... Gears suck. Automatic is the only working setting. And it starts your car in the most unrealistic way. Much the same can be said about reverse. It ludicriously jerky and the car starts almost as if it was hit by a truck.

This opposed to how it should be which is simply wafting away. No, they decided that you have 100% grip at the start or you have no grip at all and you just spin.....

Now thats only part one of gears. Sequential works only with certain cars I think. H-shifter and h-shift + clutch which is what I am ALWAYS using on TDU does not work at all.

GPS is not working at all. It works as in it will show you the route and stuff, but when I press the GPS button, nothing happens. No map appears, no teleport options.

I dont even know whether other players can see what I type into the game chat......

And Atari site says that my code is incorrect or has been redeemed. How the hell am I going to get my Aston V12 Carbon Black??!

And watch this space for more upcoming bugs and annoyances.

Welcome to the world of TDU2.

Now you know why everyone says it sux :D

The Roof control is on Accessories (left), then upwards.

Hang on Im not finished yet xD

Little edit to my first post ;)

EDIT:

I am now angry to say the least.

I waited 3 months for a bug ridden game and instead of pre-order edition I recieved a REGULAR COPY OF TDU2?!?!

WTF?!

Play.com - AVOID AT ALL COSTS THIS RETAILER.

If you're having trouble, or unusual bugs please report them in the appropriate thread. Also the majority of problems that you report, I think are isolated to you because I haven't seen anyone complain about them before.

First off, where is roof control? Not that I have driven a convertible car yet, but its not in car controls....

Where is it? Or did they remove it? Or is it simply automatic for when its raining? Like lights when it gets dark...

Its in the car accessories control. For the xbox it's left on the d-pad, along with the radio and windows. I've had no problem with it.

Car handling is completely different. Cars feel literally 'glued' to the road. Well, it is realistic up to a point... Steering is very unresponsive. Even on the most sensitive setting. Oh well, hopefully it will change. Its not a bug, just a nuisance...

Also, its SOO easy to spin off even on sport. I drive hardcore but its painfully hard....

If you think its to unresponsive I'd say your in a minority. A lot of members says the opposite. The games default settings are super sensitive. If you're using a wheel that may be your problem. Wheel support is off and on. If you are using a controller, than I urge you to go here. http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=23872 This is probably your best bet.

Also, this game never ever ever promoted realistic handling. If you assumed that it would then you should probably know the old saying for assumptions It’ll make an “ass” out of “u” and “me”

Gears. Gears. Gears.... Gears suck. Automatic is the only working setting. And it starts your car in the most unrealistic way. Much the same can be said about reverse. It ludicriously jerky and the car starts almost as if it was hit by a truck.

This opposed to how it should be which is simply wafting away. No, they decided that you have 100% grip at the start or you have no grip at all and you just spin.....

Again, I've had no problems, nor have I seen anyone else complain about this. I've had my gearbox in manual from my very first mile and have not had any problems with it. It shifts, whenever I ask it too.

GPS is not working at all. It works as in it will show you the route and stuff' date=' but when I press the GPS button, nothing happens. No map appears, no teleport options.[/quote']

Again, not one single problem problem for me. Besides the restrictive bookmarks.

Well I am glad that YOU had no problems. I have had problems before I even started.....!

Great. Well Ill just wait for the patch to come out, Im very annoyed at the moment....

I have to drive everywhere, I cant teleport and I dont even know where the shops are supposed to be. The only time I was in the map menu was at the first Championship...

I have to drive everywhere, I cant teleport and I dont even know where the shops are supposed to be. The only time I was in the map menu was at the first Championship...

You know, that's the whole point of this game. You can't teleport to a road you haven't driven on yet and no shops or tuners will appear on your map until you have driven past them in game.