We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can't Drift? Let ME Help you!

TheXRacer

The easiest way to drift, you would assume is to yank the handbrake right?

Not so in TDU.

According to experience, the easiest way to drift in TDU 2 is to get a Mustang Fastback, Turn your handling difficulty to Sport, Start in 2nd Gear.

The procedure goes along the lines of this:

Step 1: Approach the corner at a comfortable speed, maybe 60? (Ideal gear is 2nd)

Step 2: TAP the handbrake as you turn into the corner.

Step 3: Now proceed to feather the throttle and counter steer.

That's all there is to it.

I admit, It WILL take some practice but this method works for me.

At least try it is all I am saying.

The Zonda Tricolore is drifted in the same way. Actually you wont need the e-brake, just let off the accelerator and the weight shifts forward making the rearwheels spin, apply throttle and countersteer. If letting off the throttle isnt enough for you, tap the brakes.

There is no real "DRIFTING" in this game. You are juts sliding about. I suggest you wait for the expected Hardcore 2.0 and then do so ;)

I would of came to drift/cruise with you but I just got home so add me and maybe next time ;)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Too bad I haven't done screen eariler when I had 350m :(

So far RUF on Sport seems to be best car for sliding, can't call it drifting. I don't know how TDU2 system works as I can do 1km long drift-type slide all over the racing school playground but still it will say I did 50m slide :P

Without a video to "prove" what you're saying, I'm going to assume that what you're all calling drifting is basically just some controlled powersliding, which is more or less possible. However, liking 2 powerslides in opposite directions (like in an "S" curve) is impossible. I've tried every possible setting, in HC and in Sport, with the impreza, the ruf, the mustang: drifting "ken block-style" (as in TDU1) is not possible with the current physics.

636m on Sport, my record so far :) Could be more but I was afraid that someone will hit me like many times before :P [URL=http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6172/2011031200011.jpg]-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --[/URL] @H311m4n S, J turns, all possible, practice mate and you will find out. For me RUF, 599 and Zonda are best cars to play with, especially RUF.