We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DLC Car Problems

Hi! I have bought the European DLC cars, but not in the profile I play in because I had no money there, so my brother has an account in my console and I used it to buy the cars. As every other game I played, the DLCs are installed into the game data and are usable in every profile but now there are no DLC cars in my profile and it seems I can't copy save files to other users.

My question being, doesn't the game let you copy save files and use DLCs between users/profiles?

Right now I was able to get my European DLC by playing offline, as it was explained in a thread here.

However, I still can't use save files in other profiles, which is completely new to me, since all other games I have have "intercompatible" save files.

(I wanted to copy the save file because as to this day, there is no quick way of making money. SO my plan was to make 2 save files, one with half the cars and half the houses, other with the rest. I know you may call this cheating but I have no time nor patience to be doing a speed challenge 1.000.000 times to win enough money to buy a yacht so its pretty much the only way I have to stretch my money.)

I have a question,when you buy the DLC cars from the store I heard someone say the cars go to your used car dealership and you have to pay full price, is that true? for the PS3?

Yeah, true. I was hoping to save some ingame money by paying real money, but was quite disappointed when I had to pay 1.8 million for my Veyron Sang Bleu :/

Its kind of robbing! I mean, going back to one of my questions, and assuming there is nothing to be done about it... If I could copy my save file to other profiles, I could afford to buy most cars, but in one single profile, its impossible. I am making an estimate, man I would need like 25 to 40 million $ to buy everything in the game, and that is just insane.

Not adding easy money challenges or events, is arguable and optional. But, it being true, they have no right to block Save Games and make them exclusive to each console profile. Its just not right! I may be wrong but I never played a single PS3 game that doesn't let you use someone else's save game.

Buying the car ingame after buying it with real money as DLC has been about since TDU and plenty of other games do it also. In fact the games that just give you the car tend to get left on the shelf again after a few goes whereas when you have to earn it you enjoy it more.

Or maybe that's just me.

Again though I do agree with the lack of money making methods in the game as it is.

Buying the car ingame after buying it with real money as DLC has been about since TDU and plenty of other games do it also. In fact the games that just give you the car tend to get left on the shelf again after a few goes whereas when you have to earn it you enjoy it more.

Or maybe that's just me.

Again though I do agree with the lack of money making methods in the game as it is.

I completely agree with you, but in order to buy a Veyron SS I would have to do 90 Hawaii Cup 2 High Speed challenges. Unlike other fans I think the problem isn't in the bought car costing money, which is logical by the way, its the fact that there isn't a wide variety of exciting but fairly easy challenges for people to win a few bucks more then 20.000$.

I remember the Vehicle Transportation (now Driving Convoy) missions, which in TDU1 were a lot and gave a LOT of money. I think they should add unlimited missions like that or Hitchhinking or so, that would give something between 25.000$ and 100.000$. Personaly I think it would be fun and rather fair.

I think all the driving levels should reward more $$$$. The game should allow you to sell your cars for the $$$$. I dont mean because you want to buy a vehicle which is more, just for the $$$$. And the DLC store sounds like a ripoff.I cannot wait to get enough $$$$ to buy my Bugatti SS. I took it for a test drive and all I have to say is Awesome!!!!

What I did to get a lot of money at one point is race a friend who had a descent amount and didn't' need them all at the time and we instant challanged eachother for $50,000 and he let me win a couple of times and thats how I made 500k quickly. Obviously I can't keep doing that as he needs his money too but when your in serious need that is the way to do it I think.