We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Quick Question about TDU 2

jmj91

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering right now if I should buy TDU 2. I've played it at a friends place in offline-mode (offline-profile) and there you couldn't do much besides competing in cups and taking licenses-tests and those "bomb"-challenges, but no simple races against bots outside of cups.

Since I am not really the Multiplayer-type, my question would be, if there are like in TDU 1 simple singleplayer-challenges (races, time-challenges etc.) available outside of cups against bots?

In TDU1, there wasn't "much" to do. TDU1's success was primarily because of the MOOR system. We could cruise all day with friends, head up to Keloke Pass, then down to Honolulu. Get bored in Honolulu, and go to the northern lighthouse...

Basically, the thrill of driving is what TDU1 & 2 are about, not so much the storyline or what not.

You can challenge bots to races, but you'll need an offline profile for that. (either that, or unplug your ethernet cable)

Initially, the game wasn't worth the money I paid, but now that I've gotten used to it's flaws, it's a pretty good game. Few more bug fixes and extra features and it'll be grand.

The storyline and the cups came about because Eden got the impression or it was said that the whole do as you like thing made it hard for some players to know what to do. So with a direction it made what to do obvious however as with everything when you change something people notice and analyse it and in fact if I'm right in thinking with the story there is less or it certainly appears that there is less to do in TDU2 than there was in TDU in this single player racing aspect.

The fact updates can add new races hint that this is something they can sort out but if it's for a price all the time then this too will start to turn people away unless the other goodies it comes with are really special.

True, Eden added races and a storyline, plus all the progression and leveling, to prevent the TDU1 happening of people finding themselves dropped on an island like any random stupid survival program, with no clue what to do other than just drive around till you're saved (till your next anticipated game is released). Now they made a nice stairs for you to progress.

You should wait for the next update maybe, it is going to add 20 new missions (I bet these are the bomb races) of which some will introduce two new game modes: Extreme Convoy and Timed Convoy (maybe cardelivery with limited time or minimum FRIM score...).

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not a fan of those stupid cups and the storyline (or at least what I've seen so far), but I don't like having to buy a new car for each cup. I just liked it more in TDU 1 when u could buy one car for class E and compete in all class E challegenes with it, now you've got 6 races per class and you've gotta buy a new car.

I just liked the fact, that you could compete against the AI in at least 20 challenges per class, rather than 6 per cup, besides online multiplayer

Oh well, maybe I'll try out online, but I'm not really a big fan of online-play

I get what you're saying and you make a good point also. One thing to note though is that there are 100 Bomb missions (sounds wrong doesn't it! lol) where you get a minimum of $3000 iirc right upto $30,000 for the Convoy aka Car Delivery missions. So despite in thinking there isn't a lot to do there kind of us it's just they don't all show on the map at once.

Game would be good in single player if it gave some Quick races where you entered for a 10-20% fee though. Possibly upping the amount the AI will accept due to their Level of car in Instant Challenges would be nice too. :D