We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New member with a few questions

Cartonofmilk

Hi.

I'm a new member (32 and hailing from canada, more specifically montreal) but not new to TDU. I played it for more than a hundred hours and to 100% completion back when it first came out ( i think i got it the week it came out) then stopped for a couple of years, played it a little bit again maybe 2 years ago and now i re-installed it about two months ago, got the megapack and i've been playing it nearly non-stop again with my old save since. I decided to buy all the cars (which i finally achieved this week, i had about 60 of them when i stopped playing in 2007) and then i started looking for mods which led me here. I'm interested in TDU 2 of course, in fact i was terribly excited for it months in advance but the tepid reviews have cooled my enthusiasm. I hear the driving is not so great... Anyway I'll try it soon enough i guess, as soon as i'm done doing power laps with every single car in TDU (i'm doing laps on Trixier Loop and ranking the cars by their fastest time arond the track...well one has to entertain oneself after having done all the challenges)

TDU ranks in my top ten video games of all time and that's the only driving game in there. By that i mean that i'm not usually keen on driving games so it says a lot that TDu is on there. I want to like them but i find most are either too arcadey or too realistic, i want to have the fun of driving a car real fast without having to go through the years of training to be able do so properly, in short a driving game should be just unrelalistic enough that it gives me an edge over reality but realistic enough that i don't feel the laws of physics have been completely thrown out the window.

In any case, while i've possibly got someone's attention, maybe i'll bother with some questions i have mainly concerning mods.

1 - Is there a way (mod or something i could easily modify) to make cars in classic cars dealerhsips be ALWAYS available? See i dled the Bugatti Type 57 sc Atlantic mod and while i have reserved the car, it's been many hours of gameplay now and it hasn't become avaialble yet. In my experience normally cars become available within an hour or so of gameplay after reservation. I kinda don't really want to wait...at all. i've already had to play a lot to get 6 millions bucks. I should feel lucky 2cv didn't set the car at it's last real recorded selling price, which was 30 millions....(the 250 GTO is also a bargain at 5 million, that's about ten less than it's worth)

2 - Does anybody have a link or the file of Tool831's apparently defunct Lancia Stratos mod for TDU? I've seen videos of it on youtube, i know it exists, yet there is absolutely no links for it anywhere, and i looked for hours and hours on the net to no avail. It is quite possibly my favorite car of all time, it kills me to know this mod exists and i can't have it (and yes i know it's in TDU 2)

3 - Instead of asking where i can find such a mod since i'm pretty sure it doesn't exist i'll instead ask..why is there no garage management mod for TDU? I don't have to explain to anyone how annoying and ridiculous the garages are in TDU. not being able to choose where a car goes when you buy it, no fast and convenient way to move your cars from one place to the other. As someone who likes to keep his collection tidy and grouped by themes (i organize them by country of origin) it would have been a godsend. I am convinced many people have thought of making one, i can only assume it hasnt happened because it's not feasible. That'd be the first mod i'd make if i could. In fact, it's how i even ended up on this here site and found out there was a big mod community for TDU, i went on google looking for a garage mod.

4 - Am i the only one who has to set the zoom to 75% on my browser to be able to see the whole pages on this forum? I suppose i'll be told this site shows fine on firefox and such and that i shouldnt be using windows internet explorer but i thought i'd ask to make sure...

0. Welcome :hi:

1. Yes. Grab the Modding Tools (you're talking about TDU1, right?) and edit the car's "Rarity" property

2. Not sure.

3. Would be a nice feature, hopefully the devs add something to TDU2 for it, but truth be told I'm not that anal about it (although it would be handy and make for good photos) :)

4. What's your resolution? I think you need at least 1024x___ from memory.

Tool's Stratos is over on tduforums.com, along with all the rest of his more recent mods. ;)

Also, you can swap cars between garages by going to the List (inside the garage), right-click the car you want to move, and left-click the car you want to swap it with. All mine are arranged according to country too! :D

Tool's Stratos is over on tduforums.com, along with all the rest of his more recent mods. ;)

Also, you can swap cars between garages by going to the List (inside the garage), right-click the car you want to move, and left-click the car you want to swap it with. All mine are arranged according to country too! :D

1 - Thank you! In google no matter what variant i tried of lancia stratos mod tool831, it never gave me this site. In fact i had NOT found this site yet and i did look for a lot of tdu mods... You have my..everlasing gratitude. It's not much but...it's all i can offer. You've made my day (i'm a simple person like that).

2 - I know about the list but it's still not perfect. For one it's slow and tedious, i'd have liked the option to select cars to swap to another garage as a group, not one by one, also l let's say you have more spaces then you need in your garages, then you buy a new car, you can't decide where this car will end up. Well it WILL end up in the garage where the last bought car was last put in (the game randomly decides apaprently). Now you can't put this car in a carage that doesn't already have a car in cause all you can do with this list thing is SWAP cars around not add them to another garage. Also all houses only hold an even number of cars (4,6,8 or 10) and that causes problems too. By grouping cars by "themes" (be it class, counrtry or whatever you like) you will end up with odd numbers of cars in a theme. For example there is 25 american cars in the game. That means that one of the spaces in one of the garages that holds my american cars will have to have one free space ( i split them in two carages of 8 and one garage of ten..which uses only 9 of its ten spaces). I can't tell the game to NOT use this free space next time i buy a car. The only way i have found to force cars to go somehwere else is to fill that spot with a temporary "place-holding" car. Actually i use a bike, i'll buy a ducati 1000 since it's the cheapest bike, then when the car i next buy goes to a different garage cause this spot has been taken by the ducati, is filled i'll sell the bike. That is IF i dont want to put any more cars in this other garage. If i DO then i have to keep the Ducati in it's palce and buy cars until that other garage is full. THEN i can sell the bike. It works but it is highly annoying. Hence why i'd really like a garage management mod.

0. Welcome :hi:

1. Yes. Grab the Modding Tools (you're talking about TDU1, right?) and edit the car's "Rarity" property

2. Not sure.

3. Would be a nice feature, hopefully the devs add something to TDU2 for it, but truth be told I'm not that anal about it (although it would be handy and make for good photos) :)

4. What's your resolution? I think you need at least ___x1024 from memory.

Im a bit intimidated by modding tools as i have pretty much no experience with modding aside from installing them... IS it a simple thing to find and edit? I guess i can try and see but i'm wary about messing something up. Actually wait i think i HAVE launched the modding tools once but i ended up a bit lost.

And about the forum hmm...it's fine now. I guess i needed to register and log in for it to show properly? i dont get it. My resolution IS 1024x780 and i've actually been lurking here for like two weeks so it's not like it was an isolated event it not showing properly, it never did until now. Oh well. The only thing not solved now is the garage tool/mod. I'd appreciate it if someone could make one up before tomorrow just for me please?.....just kidding.;) (though if any modder out there thinks they could come up with that easily hey..why not...i CANt be the only one who'd appreciate it. i guess this ainly implies messing with the savegame files..actually a mod that would edit how much space you get in each garages to make it feasible to have odd number of spaces in it would also be good)

Thanks everyone for both the help and the welcomes.

In the modding tools i can see the Bugatti Type 57 Mod if i check the option use modded names but i can't select it (its in faded gray not solid), so i can't edit anything about it. I tried TDUPE but apparently that doesn't recognise mods at all. I guess i'm stuck with waiting for eternity until this car shows up in the dealership. With all due respect to it's maker, i think if you're gonna put a modded car in the game, then make it available, you want people to actually be able to use it, not spend five months playing in hopes it shows up in the dealership (ok wlel it hasnt been that long but i've defintiely played 12 hours at least since reserving it and that's really way too long). I know i could test drive it but that's just annoying. I guess maybe i should post a thread asking for help with this, if there's any to be had. I can't say i've ever liked this idea of availability that they've put in the game, what purpose does it serve exactly? None at all, just make you wait needlessly for the car you want. you have the money, you want to buy the car, this isn't real life, i shouldn't have to wait for it.

Hello everyone! I am new at this forum but i love this game! i have big problem at the game! I download the megapack i installed it i put the serial. I can see the cars at the cas shop but i cant buy them! If anyone has an answer i am looking forward for it! Thanks for listening! :chewy: