We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited Digital Download vs PC DVD?

Hi! This is my first post. I have TDU2 for the PC so now I want to buy TDU. I don't mind buying as a digital download but I read somewhere that the PC Download version has more problems than a boxed copy. I can't remember where I read the post but are they true, and what are these problems?

Ok but then when I go to the megapack website at atari and click on buy, it says:

"Error:

Product data for the product added to the shopping cart is not available. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Error Number: CAT_000001"

How then can I buy the megapack? It is the US Atari site. Additionally, I read the megapack isn't compatible with other versions (e.g. US version of TDU uncompatible with European Megapack). Is this true too? How would you advise me so that I can get both TDU and the Megapack?

• 2 months later...
It's possible that Atari have stopped selling the megapack since it's almost three years old :(

I bought TDU on a recommendation that said the mega pack was a "must have". I wasn't too happy when I discovered it wasn't available although it still has a catalog listing. Considering it was a download I was especially miffed because it isn't like Atari would have to order disks, cases, printed art work and have it eat shelf space. At the very least they could have offered it to places like direct2drive, GOG, Amazon or any of the places that sell software downloads. TDU is still readily available at a number of places which makes the unavailability of the Mega Pack even more frustrating.

As to being 3 years old, I just re-purchased Freespace 2, Planescape: Torment, Red Baron and Red Baron 3D all updated and working fine with my Windows 7 64 bit machine. What are those games? Going on 10 years old?

Yeah, I get the page but when you click the buy button it generates an error as described by the previous poster. This is it:

Error:

Product data for the product added to the shopping cart is not available. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Error Number: CAT_000001

Someone on the forum said the error means the item is unavailable. I've rechecked it a dozen and a half times over the past month and a half. It's always the same thing. The only places that have it are the torrent sites and I don't want to go that route because I don't believe in piracy.