We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 [desperately] needs ...!

Eudemon

A new publisher.

Very close, but no cigar.

What TDU2 needs is to reverse time back to just after TDU1 was released on X360, then what needs to happen is Eden giving the idea (or selling it, whatever, as long as Eden is gone afterwards) to a far smarter developer. Then we be in good standing today.

In seriousness mode now, it seriously seriously needs something FRESH! It's really that simple, add more original ideas to the game and it will stand the test of time, TDU1 stood the test of time with very few features really, it was a very basic driving game (in principal), but TDU2 didn't bring enough fresh stuff to the party, and who wants to drink recycled beer?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new publisher.

Not only that but a new developer too. Eden is not capable of coding and detailing the game as others do. They had since the first year of development of TDU1, all the way to 2011, to come up with a simple thing as digital HUD's and didn't get it to work at all. I also think it's one of the reasons the airbrakes etc don't function like real.

I thought most of the TDU1 devs were replaced by new developers anyway around 2007>
A number of them got ousted after Alone in the Dark yeah. A large number of them setup Ivory Tower who has been all but quiet since 2007 in regards to anything being shown, however they could just be working behind closed doors.

I probably shouldn't, as I've already posted 4 but I was thinking it would be nice if we could have some sort of club liveries that can be put on the car, something along the lines of GRID teams. I do realize this may not have been implemented because of some limitations put by manufacturers, still, no harm in asking.

Also, I wish Eden the best in their negotiations with Atari (if they ever come to be).

I will be closing this thread to suggestions tomorrow morning and then compiling the list through Monday to send on Tuesday morning.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed already and also thanks for your conduct in doing so. :D

I really miss an old GPS from TDU1, where you could see environment on it, such as ocean/rivers/lakes/trees/forest/desert/buildings/etc. It was nice to know where you are, in TDU2 you can see only roads. :cry:

And why we can't do action photos in online mode (and it's possible in offline mode)? I remember someone saying it's something about weather - is it such a big problem? It would be nice to do photos in jump. Or while passing other cars by milimeters. Or in a pseudo-drift. :cheeky:

1. Add PC hotkeys to quickly toggle options. i.e. Turning bits of the HUD on/off (similar to GTR/Race 07), GPS on/off, player names on/off, music/speech on/off, etc, etc. Assign them to F1, f2, F3, etc but allow us to choose our own if desired.

2. Setup a nice gaming rig in your office and play some TDU1 on Hardcore mode (no aids or Hypersport). I did that last night after not touching it since January, and the difference between TDU1 and 2 with the handling (and especially force feedback on the G25) is night and day. Spend an hour or so on that, then play TDU2 on the same rig, and see how disappointed you feel. (You guys enjoy driving, right?) ;) After doing that, fix TDU2. :)