We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help!

Novice8

My computer can only open the application type mods. Whenever I try to go on one of .bnk files it comes up with a new window saying: Windows cannot open this file type.:confused: Does anyone know what I can do to be able to open these file types or any programs that allow you to open .bnk files.

You don't install it by Double clicking on it you have to manually put it into C:/Program Files/Atari/Test Drive Unlimited/Euro/Bnk and if it is sound file (XX_Audio.bnk) it goes in Bnk/Sounds/Vehicles if it is a car file (XX_XX.bnk and XX_XX_I.bnk) it goes in Bnk/Vehicles and if it is a rim file (X_XX_F_01.bnk) it goes in Bnk/Vehicles/Rims

(XX_XX stands for the file name)

I'm honestly not sure if you should be trying to mod your game if you need to ask questions like this, but I'll try to help anyway...

How about you tell us exactly which mod (link) you are trying to install and we'll go through it step-by-step.

Ok then:

1. Download/save the .zip file somewhere

2. Open the folder in Windows where you saved the .zip file

3. Right-click 142_datsun.zip and choose the option that says 'Extract here'

4. A new folder called 'datsun' is created, double-click on it

5. Go into the 'CAR' folder

6. Open a 2nd window, and navigate to where TDU is installed (i.e. C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules)

7. Locate the files that will be replaced (GTO_Cpe.bnk) and rename them or copy them elsewhere as a backup, in case you want to remove the mod later on.

8. Now copy the two .bnk files in the CAR folder into the Vehicules folder.

9. From the CAR folder, go up one level, and go into the RIM folder.

10. From the Vehicules folder, scroll up to the top and go into the Rim folder

11. Backup/rename the GTO_Cpe_F_01.bnk file in the Rim folder

12. Copy the file from the downloaded RIM folder into the game's Rim folder

13. Launch TDU1, and go find the car that you replaced (Pontiac GTO). It should now look like a Datsun.