We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Computer Building Help

Fear Deer

Most people decide what parts they're getting BEFORE they start buying other parts (esp the mobo, which is the biggest limiting factor in choices of other components). I know it's exciting and all, but patience is a virtue.

Im also building a pc for me to game :) its not really bad, and no matter what ppl tell me im going for AMD & ATI

New AMD's pwn intel big time in performance and price, same goes for ATI-nVidia!

This pc should be built by January 2012, here is the hardware list incase you want to get some ideas!

(copied from the .txt i have; pricing from a store nearby!)

Caixa Mid Tower Fusion 14,63€

Gravador SATA DVD cor Preto Samsung SH-S223 17,99€

Fonte ATX 470W Powerlogic Magnum 235 18,73€

AMD AthlonII X4 640 3.0GHz 95,30€

Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M 56,81€

Memória DDR3 2Gb 1333MHz Crucial 20,00€ x2 =40€

Placa Gráfica Asus EAH5670 1GB DDR3 76,31€

Disco Rígido SATA 3.5" 500GB 7200rpm Samsung 36,19€

Placa de Rede Wireless PCI 300Mbps Conceptronic 16,17€

Cooler Universal AMD Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 GT 11,45€ (pedir recomendaçao de cooler melhor em preço bom)

Teclado Logitech K120 11,05€

É tudo compativel(cooler com CPU, CPU com board, RAM com CPU e board, Grafica com Board e ram; etc)

Total:

394,63€

Quoting your post from another thread, i set about a task (mainly cause i was bored) to see how much of a difference in price i could make, pretty much the same pc spec here in the uk...

And i have to say i have some bad news. I can buy all the parts, have them delivered, assemble them myself and fly out to Portugal (return) for a week and deliver it myself to your door for a few euros cheaper... Owned? :P

Its possible :P

but things here are cheaper.

from that list i have the motherboard, the case and the wireless PCI card and the DVD burner.

and i changed the graphics card to Asus EAH6670 1GB GDDR5

Next month i shall buy the RAM's. And maybe some neon's..

I like how you've spent a fair bit on getting more than what you need for most parts, and then skimped on the graphics card, arguably the most important part of a gaming PC. I'm sure you're enjoying it regardless - congrats on the build. :lol: