We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

There's an app for that!

Ryzza5

There has to be a decent number of iSheep and other smartphone users here, and we all know the various app stores make the phone twice as good as when we first turned them on, so share your favourite apps here.

Type in Blue for iPhone, Green for Android, and Red for Windows Mobile.

I might maintain a list here at the start for easy reading, depending on how good the response is.

Smart Vibrator

I was a little annoyed to find out that my phone only vibrated once for an incoming call, instead of constantly. I found this app, where you can manually enter vibration patterns for incoming calls and SMS message. Type "." for a short pulse, "-" for a longer one, and "_" for a strong one. A space gives a 0.5 second pause. So for incoming calls I've entered "-_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_"

Click to Download

Radar Detector

This interesting little app claims that most phones naturally can detect radiation, and that this app uses this to warn you about nearby radars (i.e. speed and red light cameras). I tested it out and it definately did detect a few cameras, but there were some that it didn't (unless the cameras were off at the time). Most newer cameras use laser instead of radar, which this won't detect. I wouldn't rely on it, but it's nice to have. There's always Trapster as well.

Click to Download

.nomedia Manager

This app lets you mark folders as containing no media, so that the Android OS will skip checking these folders, so that their contents don't end up in the gallery or music player. Handy if you have images or ringtones saved on your device that aren't proper photos or music/songs.

Click to Download

No Lock

Removes the lock screen when you wake up the phone, so that you don't have to slide things anywhere - just hit the power button to wake it up and you're good to go.

Click to Download

TeamViewer Free

TeamViewer is one of the best free Remote Desktop programs out there for controlling your home PC while out and about, and for helping your grandparents setup Skype. This is the Android client. Free for non-commercial use.

Click to Download

Hit the 'Reply With Quote' button to use my post as a template for yours (just remember to delete the quote tags, etc and edit from there)...

Warning - stupid cringe-worthy video:

:p

Seriously, I love some of the iPhone Apps I have.

iTorch4

Turns the camera flash into a Torch, with optional strobe and SOS modes.

Insert Download Link Here

Shazam

Cost £3.99 but it's invaluable at recognising songs that i don't.

Wolfram Alpha

The ultimate serch engine.

Because it partially off topic and partially stupid :cheeky:

If you read the other posts you would've had half a clue that the link was the same, at which time you would've checked. Instead, you were so excited about having another oppuruntity to share your ponies with us a giggling like a 2-year-old you impatiently posted the video without reading the thread.

http://forum.tdu-central.com/threads/26390-Ponies?p=426942#post426942

I think that answers the question sufficiently :D Can we get back on topic now? ;)

• 5 months later...

Fake iPhone 4S

A little app that looks like the iOS5 home screen, with working icon shortcuts, if you want to confuse others.

Click to Download

Flick Golf

A fun darts-style Golf game, where you try to get as many hole-in-one's as possible (or as close as possible) to get a high enough score before time runs out, in order to unlock the next course.

Click to Download

Math Workout

For when you need to keep your brain stimulated. There's also a daily online challenge with leaderboard.

Click to Download

Panecal

A good scientific calculator that has a screen like the Ti Graphics Calculators where you can see the entire equation as you type it, instead of having the screen clear each time you press + or another operator.

Click to Download

PocketCloud by Wyse

Allows you to connect to your PC to grab files that you may need (free PC software needed for it to work)

Click to Download

Race of Champions

If you've got a really powerful Android phone with over 500mb free and you're a big ROC fan then you might enjoy this.

Click to Download

Reckless Getaway

One of my favourite games - a nice arcade game where you have to escape the cops and get your score up without destroying your vehicle to get enough stars to unlock the next area. Got it for 10 cents when those specials were on.

Click to Download

SoundHound

Like Shazaam, only better (according to other reviews, both apps are available on Android btw). Play a song into the microphone and it will identify it for you. If you're a good singer then you can try that too, as long as I'm not within earshot of you. :p

Click to Download

Virtual Table Tennis 3D

Once you get the hang of it it's quite fun and challenging.

Click to Download

aLap Recorder HD

Records your driving and overlays info such as speed, revs, etc from GPS or via a bluetooth OBDII adapter (which you can buy off eBay for about $15).

Click to Download