We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2012 Petronas Malaysia GP

cis4care

Since the Grand Prix weekend has now begun and there is not yet a thread, let's start one off.

So, what are your predictions for the polesitter and the podium arrangement?

Will McLaren do as well on Sepang circuit as they did on Albert Park?

Should Ferrari already regret their brave, but badly executed exhaust system positioning, pull-rod suspension?

Who do you think will shine amongst the mid-fielders this weekend?

What about tyre wear? How will the new, softer compounds cope with the track?

I reckon Hamilton will get poll again, but with Button and the Mercedes much closer this week.

As for the race, I expect Hamilton to win it unless there's a safety car again which is perfectly timed to come out late at the end of the lap for someone. *cough* :lol:

Well, I'll answer my own questions then. :lol:

So, what are your predictions for the polesitter and the podium arrangement?

I presume Lew Lew will be getting the pole, knowing how quick he is going around by himself, the podium might be Button, Hamilton, Raikkonen/Schumacher.

Will McLaren do as well on Sepang circuit as they did on Albert Park?

I suspect they've created a very well-balanced and dynamic car for this year, so, unless RBR quickly catch up, they'll be dominating the entire season, which I would very much like to see.

Should Ferrari already regret their brave, but badly executed exhaust system positioning, pull-rod suspension?

Yes. I don't think it's so much the suspension, apart from having maybe have to integrate the completely new (or upside-down) system into the car in months time, which might have resulted in some low-quality parts and/or execution. The pull-rod suspension has its benefits, afaik, as Ferrari have claimed that they have achieved an aero benefit, as well as being lighter (I think), without losing any capabilities compared to pushrod. I can't help but to suspect it's the awkward exhaust on that car, I mean, just look at it.

Who do you think will shine amongst the mid-fielders this weekend?

Sauber, two good drivers and now a car to do their talents justice, I've been waiting for this.

What about tyre wear? How will the new, softer compounds cope with the track?

Lots of pitting, perhaps. Can't wait to see what happens, the track eats up tires like nuts.

You never told us to answer them in one post. :p

I think Williams will do well, Maldanardo was chasing down Alonso closely before he lost it on the last lap. It's been a long time since Williams were able to compete so high up in the pack.

Then there's Perez, how does he manage to make tyres last so long? He should do well for Sauber.

Kimis gone and got himself a 5 place grid drop for the race. Had to change his gearbox.

Hamilton fastest in the two practice sessions today. :)

I hope him and Button dominate it completely this year. But if they do, I want it to be mixed next year.

So, that was a rather eventful and interesting race! Apart from the ~1 hour red flag.

Looks like Vettel's not so perfect after all, "Like on normal roads, you have some idiots driving around. It seems there is also one driving here" Really wasn't expecting him to come out with that, wouldn't even expect it from some of the other older races.