We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ryzza's GT5 Aussie Racing League videos

Ryzza5

haha safety my arse, this is the problem with racing in video games. No one pays attention to anything, everyone is off the racing line and try to overtake each other when it's not possible, but saying that these vids are much better than any other online race vids

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

None of you probably noticed that I missed last week's event at Autumn Ring Mini... never mind - I'm still in with a shot of a podium finish (heck I could even win the championship if I drive well enough (and certain people do bad enough) on the final rounds, as everyone gets their 6 worst results deducted from the points leaderboard so you can miss up to 2 rounds per season.

None of you probably noticed that I missed last week's event at Autumn Ring Mini... never mind - I'm still in with a shot of a podium finish (heck I could even win the championship if I drive well enough (and certain people do bad enough) on the final rounds, as everyone gets there 6 worst results deducted from the points leaderboard so you can miss up to 2 rounds per season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Last Tuesday played host to the final round of Season 7 (which I skipped so I could do other stuff). If you've got a PS3, GT5, and Australian Citizenship and are interested in joining in a league that's very close and fun then now would be a good time to let me know. I can ask about non-Aussies if you like, assuming you're available Tuesday's from 9pm AEST (GMT+10).

How close are we talking here? Well after 25 races there were 3 people in contention for the gold trophy

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

(^I'm pretty sure it's for real - a bunch of these guys all work for Ford in Geelong - and if you notice the cut-off name tag on the right it matches the Season 6 winner, Rod)

And after 8 laps at Spa approaching the finish line for the final time this is the result:

s7.jpg

Next season we'll all be driving in the drifty Alfa Romeo 8C. Expert driver have sports medium tyres while the more average ones (including myself) start off with Sport Soft, you can be moved up or down to the other tier mid season based on performance.

At the very least, stay tuned for more videos like the ones above.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a practice race we did last Tuesday for fun. I forgot about cold tyres on lap 1, again.

Another practice session is scheduled for next week and maybe the one after that before Season 8 officially starts. Then everyone will upgrade to GT6.

• 3 weeks later...

[headline]Season 8[/headline]

Season 8 is the last one in GT5 given the GT6 release date. For once we were invited to give suggestions on the car and track, any my suggested car was by far the popular choice. So we will all be running in the drifty Alfa 8C. Tier 1 drivers will be racing with Sport Medium tyres while Tier 2 drivers get Sports Soft. A couple have Racing Hards. When doing solo laps the soft tyres give me a 1.5 second per lap advantage, however the tyre life is shorter, and half way into the ~20 minute race I have to be very careful to avoid slides. Besides that all cars are 100% stock besides custom rims with colours used to differentiate players.

Car colours show teams, I was chosen to be on the black team. Only the top-2 placing drivers per team contribute to the team score, in case the 3rd/4th members don't show up each week.

As per before there is a brief qualifying window to set your fastest lap time, which is used to set the grid order for the 3 lap practice race. The outcome of this race has no points implication but is used to get the first-race-jitters out of the way and to set the grid for Race 1. Race 2 and 3 are reverse grids based on the previous race results.

Round 3 - Cape Ring Inside

I thought Cape Ring was my second-worst track, but along with a lack of preparation (and spending 24 hours at LeMans in the Red Bull X1 which has very different physics) this is probably one of my worst results ever. Some hard racing moments scattered within

Round 4 - LeMans Endurance Event

Instead of 3 races we just had our first endurance event of the season. Found one of my old Excel spreadsheets back from when we did IGPManager to work our my fuel/tyre strategies (taking the possibility of rain into consideration), which made up for some of my driving talent (or lack thereof). Finished with a decent position too.

Now who's going to sit there and watch this for the next hour & a half? :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Round 5 - Rome Reverse

This track was my pick, unfortunately I didn't get around to practicing before hand, so my driving in practice, qualifying and Race 1 were quite sub-par

I got my stuff together for some epic racing in Races 2 & 3 though, finishing both on the podium after long battles. Definitely worth a watch, even if you're not Ozz or Milli :lol:

• 3 weeks later...