We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Age of Empires 2: HD

iLLGT3

All I can say is... OMG :woot::happyroll::msuh::omg::omg::omg::bow::aah::yay::hsquad::hsquad::hsquad:

The rumors were true. Age of Empires II HD (which includes the content from the Conquerors expansion) is coming to Steam in April. And it’s been aged up to the Modern Era (courtesy of Hidden Path Entertainment), with a host of tweaks and new features. We’ve got more details and a graphical comparison below.

Age of Empires 2: HD to launch with improved visuals, Steam Workshop on April 9 | News | PC Gamer

Before:

AoE2-SD.jpg

After:

AoE2-HD2.jpg

$20!

Well i'm playing it currently still rocking. Great news!

There's also a non-oficial patch that adds some civilizations ;)

--- Post Updated ---

Well i'm playing it currently still rocking. Great news!

There's also a non-oficial patch that adds some civilizations ;)

Looks like it's just zoomed out a bit :lol:

I briefly played the first one on a friends PC many many many years ago, maybe it's time to revist? Or would it take up too much time that I don't have? Maybe it'll make up for SimCity somewhat?

You should absolutely revisit. AoE2 is regarded as one of the absolute best strategy games of all time.

I agree though, it's not super "HD" - just slightly zoomed out. I don't care about graphics anyway, I care about gameplay.

Guest MrLolololXD

Guys it's not even zoomed out, it's just on a bigger monitor lol. The only real difference I can see are the colour's are slightly more vibrant.

For $20 I don't think it's much of an improvement at all. I don't think I'll even bother buying it, I'll just keep my 'standard' AOE2 (unless we start having tduc wars and I have to have this new version to play).

I'd hate to think how many hours I put into the AOE2, probably thousands lol. I completed all the quest lines about 10 times each :eek: