We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew Preview from Eurogamer - "It's intoxicating stuff"

Eudemon

Eurogamer has always had a soft-spot for TDU and gets the notion of it being an epic driving game rather than a typical racer and it appears again that in this preview from them that they get the same impression from The Crew. That shouldn't be surprising seeing as the game is from a large swathe of the former 'TDUteam' but it makes for a fine read when it comes from this sort of perspective and nicely comments on the areas where this matters as well as the traits that have been borrowed and the items they have truly worked to improve on.

From this Preview too it seems to put across that the whole microtransaction issue may not be as big a problem as we may be thinking from other reports, as he talks at a point about how he along with "his guide" strings a number of Skills which helps to unlock parts and how they themselves are plentiful.

Well worth a read and a watch!

Source: The Crew levels up the CarPG Eurogamer.net

:umm: I wonder if it counts for one car or the player total.

As you've said also, the tuning system and options look really good. They've been sensible and thankfully it doesn't seem possible to rice out your car NFS style. That Aventador in particular looks fantastic with those anodized paint options and those stripes. :D

And he also said driving New York-Miami took 20-30 minutes? Did I miss something or does it feel like the game world even more massive than I thought o_O