We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Google Ads trial.

Eudemon

Hey all, we have been working away on the site (as well as other things), and have started bringing the videos back in for download until we can complete the 'mediacontrol' script we are working on and with all this going live soon within the next month we have decided to trial Google's Adsense. We feel they offer the less intrusive or annoying ads and unlike most ad places will actually display ads that may interest the user and will also (we hope) allow us to offer prizes for future competitions.

You don't have to do anything with them and if you have an opinion about them then please let us know. All we ask is that you don't continually click on the ads as Google frowns on this but other than that it's just a trial is all.

Thanks for reading this and we hope you understand why we are testing this system out.

When Google can't display anything due to not having indexed the site yet or server issues it will display a Public Service Announcement. It said it might be about 24-48 hours but the Google Adsense bot is already crawling the forum so the ad should change in a few hours or the early hours of tomorrow anyway.

As I said any opinions about it, feel free to share. :cool:

Pherelas you can choose where to put it yourself, there's no plugin in vBulletin to do this for you, though if it turns out to work fairly well we may put a banner at the bottom also though I'm not sure if that would look too cluttered. We're looking at the board from the members POV, not just our own so don't worry about eyesore ads or flashing ads or flash ads (I hate that mosquito !!), you won't see them here.

So how much do you get?
It varies but it all depends on the clicks and click through ratio, example an advertiser may only pay a $1 per 1000 impressions. I can't say to much about how it works as Google don't like it but it's not a lot put it that way, if it's enough to cover server costs then that's fine but in 2 days so far we've made about a $1. lol

Of note since the server move there have been 80,000 hits on the forum !!

i like to laugh at google adsence, sometimes you get things like 'get sexy ladies on ebay.co.uk now!' :p

I've seen quility used russan jets, migs ect. On them, it said the quality russan jets bit then listed a couple of jets they had on sale on ebay. What on earth. Not on this site though.

PS3 three times more powerful than Xbox 360?

Rumour is Sony’s new console has the edge on Microsoft’s next-gen machine.

We’ve heard a rumour from a reliable source saying PlayStation 3 will be more powerful than Xbox 360. No surprise considering it’s expected a few months after Microsoft’s next-gen monster is released. But the source reckons it’ll be three times more powerful, which is some claim if it’s true. Admittedly we’d take the statement with a pinch of salt if it came direct from Sony – after all, it reckoned PlayStation 2’s ‘emotion engine’ could render Toy Story-quality graphics on the fly, which simply wasn’t true. But this info comes from someone who’s had access to development kits for both machines. Expect some big announcements when Sony and Microsoft officially reveal their next-generation consoles in two weeks.

just got a link from the adsence bot at the top of the page labeled Ps3 Vs Xbox360 review thinking it would have comparitive game reviews and screenshots, instead i got an article from 2004...

had a bit of a chuckle at it though

a few months later than xbox?, 3 times more powerfiul?... sometimes you can just laugh :p

i like to laugh at google adsence, sometimes you get things like 'get sexy ladies on ebay.co.uk now!' :p
LOL you do know it shows up results for what you are looking for or is already on the page right?! Thus you were searching for or were on a page for "sexy ladies".

:monkeydance:

Unfortunately some of the results I'd like to view myself but I can't click them as it could jeopardise my account. :(

LOL you do know it shows up results for what you are looking for or is already on the page right?! Thus you were searching for or were on a page for "sexy ladies".

:monkeydance:

Unfortunately some of the results I'd like to view myself but I can't click them as it could jeopardise my account. :(

Abit more then I wanna know..