We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DRIVECLUB Aims For Top Sound

DRIVECLUB just released a new article regarding their strive to have the BEST sounds in a racing game.. EVER.

From the article: “We used upwards of 16 mics in each car, and in some cases a lot more – 26, even 27 in one of them”

“BMW and Mercedes actually called us up and asked if we’d be happy to give them a copy of our recordings to replace their own versions,” says Alan with a grin. “That felt pretty good!”

Discuss.

(Personally, I listened to the real 458 recording at the end of the article and the game recording, that's really damn close.)

I'm sure they'll be great. As long as they're better than GT6 eh? :)

Having the best recordings doesn't immediately mean a game will have the best sounds because all of the effects (internal sound, external sound, AI sound x numberofAI (approach, doppler, fade), etc take up a surprising amount of CPU.

Rushy has already said I was correct with the C63, I did consider the SLS but there is something in the exhaust note that turned me away from it.

It's really hard to compare them on Youtube, they both share the same engine with some different parts and such obviously. The M159 in the SLS BS has more induction noise - I think that's the biggest difference in the sound of these beasts. :cool:

Let's hope other game studios will start focusing on this aspect as well.

• 1 month later...