We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pistonheads Previews Project CARS

Eudemon

Pistonheads, those car-crazy nutters who love their virtual driving as well as the real thing have gotten their hands on Project CARS and have posted up a Preview. Being true enthusiasts in the core sense of the word it is very easy to read what they have to say and know that if you are of the same mentality that you will find the game in the same vein as they did. The author mentions that he is more a casual than a hardcore racer but don't let that have you dismiss his opinion as he talks about the handling and how it probably feels 'even more of a handful' when everything is off.

Project Cars: Preview - PistonHeads

As a console gamer, I have always been disappointed when games come out claiming to be the best sim ever (numerous Gran Turismo titles, for example) that don't actually deliver when you play them. There are lots of little things that just aren't right and this means that they don't feel that realistic. This game initially seems to have overcome that as so many little details have been paid attention too; you can see the oil temperature rising and the fuel level dropping from the cockpit view. When it's raining your visibility is affected with rain drops flowing up the visor and then back down again as you stop.

As a casual console gamer, Project Cars is shaping up well with its stunning visual appeal and playability. If you like the idea of a super realistic racing sim then this game fills that brief perfectly; it could change the way racing sims are made and for the better.

They always position themselves as an AAA title game yet they are ok with releasing the game with 50 cars and no mod support on top of that. The community is idiotic too, I saw a pole a while back, it was on how many cars should we put in the final game and the leading choice was 50 (lowest option there was I think) . I mean if you're going to wish for it why not just wish for as many cars as possible.

I doubt it will have more than 70, not that there is anything wrong with that (I mean I wouldn't buy it obv but some people seem to enjoy it). But if you say we will compete with fm and gt in every single interview than that is false advertising really.