We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hardcore mode or not?

rebelinho

Which mode you use?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which mode you use?

During a very quick cruise in my Montreal I lost my patience with Harcore mode. I used to use it believing it is/was more realistic, but the understeer and cars that weigh just over 10g isn't realistic in any universe. I've changed the Downforce in TDUPE to 0.625 for my favourite cars and it feels righter, but still remains that bit of stupid. Using the keyboard to drive only makes it even worse, and gamepads don't do much to solve this.

So, how about you? Do you use Hardcore mode or not? What are your reasons?

I don't think you'll find many people here who don't use Hardcore mode. No, it isn't very realistic gravity-wise but neither is Arcade mode where the gravity is set to Jupiter or something. Gravity aside, I find (and I think most other people as well) Hardcore mode to be more realistic in most other aspects of handling and physics and I used a keyboard for most of my TDU days as well.

I have a wheel myself, but as I had to move to another city when entering university, I have/choose to leave my wheel at home to prevent bad grades :D the difference is huge, I really preffer the wheel and in that case Hardcore mode, but I can't stay that much time without TDU, can I?

But yes, Hardcore is much better in some aspects, like braking. Even in HC it is too strong, I often reduced the braking force of any mods I install; but I can always set it as low as I want and use Normal mode, whereas I can't really do it for understeer (not in the same degree at least).

• 10 months later...

I am using Normal mode -not enough points to unlock the Hardcore mode for the moment- with a gamepad (with a sort of miniwheel on it), I feel it's sort of "realistic": high speed needs big concentration, and bakes are quite dangerous at 300km/h :D

but I've seen another player making his car rebounding against fences, ect... to get into areas you can't get in with normal mod;

it looks like a fun-mode to me.

In that way, "Normal" should be named "hardcore" and "Hardcore" in "Fun-mod" or something? or do you use other mods to re-tune the Hardcore in specific ways?