We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC System Requirements

Eudemon

hey, been a while since i last posted here. Ok so I'm gonna buy a laptop and i was wonderin if it would run tdu, i think it should but just gettin a little advice.

Toshiba Satellite A300D-013

AMD Turion X2 Dual Core RM-70 2.0Ghz

3GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650 512Mb (expandable to 1GB)

Windows Vista Home Premium

If it works great but if it doesn't that alright too because I'm running TDU on my desktop pc right now, but i sorta want it to work on the laptop since it has a HDMI output so i can hook it up to my plasma tv :thumbsup:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

@ Sunny

I suggest you get one of the laptops with a Geforce 9 series GPU. Some, I repeat, *SOME* of the models with a 9500/9600M GPU have an alternative 9100M to save on power and it does switch automatically without the need for a reboot. Just look for the badge that says 'Hybrid SLI'. That's just the problem with lappies with dedicated GPUs -- battery life. My laptop can actually switch to an Intel GMA 900 but requires a reboot and I only use it when I intend to run it on batteries, which I hardly do since I'm never far away from a power outlet.

BTW, my friend has an ASUS M50 with a Geforce 9500M and he runs CoD4, DMC4 and a slew of relatively new games at native resolution (1440x900) smoothly. I'm not sure of the settings, but I'm assuming most of the settings were on high or medium-high since they looked really good. He also told me the battery life was around 2 hours without playing, just basic stuff like word processing and web surfing. Anyway, I also checked out NotebookCheck and the 9500M is just as fast as the older 8600M GT. The 8600M GT should be around equal to the Mobility Radeon HD 3650 in performance, at least that's what the NotebookCheck and most of the reviews say. So I think it should be more than fast enough to run TDU maxed out (probably no AF and just 2x AA, but maxed out in-game settings), considering that TDU is a relatively old game (2006).

Anyway, I'm actually surprised people here still value CPU performance a lot, even if the gap between two choices is small. 2.4 Ghz, 3 MB cache C2D and a 2.5 Ghz, 6 MB cache Ghz C2D. Heck, they're both the same to me. The 3-5 FPS difference would be negligible when it's running at nearly or over 60 FPS. If there's a purpose at all when it comes to gaming, if any, it should be bragging rights.

@ SLRRR

4x AA is a killer and so is AF (anisotropic filtering). Drop it down to 2x AA and make sure you set it to 'supersampling' in the Nvidia Control Panel. It looks just like 4x AA that doesn't use transparency AA, which I assume you're using right now and it's not as taxing on your card. Just wondering, is your screen's native resolution 1280x1024? That's actually higher than 1440x900, even though 1440x900 kinda looks better IMO. 1440x900 = 1,296,000 pixels. 1280x1024 = 1,310,720 pixels. Small difference though.

@ RX_37

Apparently, in this game, you can't. But why would you want to force it to do that? The point of dual core is so that you can perform multitasking. Try playing TDU on two rigs, one that's single core and one that's dual core with similar performance, say an Athlon X2 3600+ and an Athlon FX-57. If the virus scanner automatically does the scanning at a preset schedule and you happen to be playing at that time, you'll most likely experience stuttering on the Athlon FX-57 computer when the scanning starts in the background, even if the FX-57 is the faster processor (in given circumstances where an application is not optimized for multi-threading).

@ SLRRR

4x AA is a killer and so is AF (anisotropic filtering). Drop it down to 2x AA and make sure you set it to 'supersampling' in the Nvidia Control Panel. It looks just like 4x AA that doesn't use transparency AA, which I assume you're using right now and it's not as taxing on your card. Just wondering, is your screen's native resolution 1280x1024? That's actually higher than 1440x900, even though 1440x900 kinda looks better IMO. 1440x900 = 1,296,000 pixels. 1280x1024 = 1,310,720 pixels. Small difference though.

@ RX_37

Apparently, in this game, you can't. But why would you want to force it to do that? The point of dual core is so that you can perform multitasking. Try playing TDU on two rigs, one that's single core and one that's dual core with similar performance, say an Athlon X2 3600+ and an Athlon FX-57. If the virus scanner automatically does the scanning at a preset schedule and you happen to be playing at that time, you'll most likely experience stuttering on the Athlon FX-57 computer when the scanning starts in the background, even if the FX-57 is the faster processor (in given circumstances where an application is not optimized for multi-threading).

I'm still playing on the highest resolution but without AA and HDR runs alot smoother now

@ SLRRR

What's your monitor's native resolution? Just curious. I'm guessing 1280x1024 from the size and since most 17" screens aren't widescreen. Then again, I could be wrong.

Anyway, you should try 2x AA with supersampling enabled. You'll only lose, at most, around 5 FPS. It looks just as nice as plain 4x AA which can take away more than 10 FPS.

@ SLRRR

What's your monitor's native resolution? Just curious. I'm guessing 1280x1024 from the size and since most 17" screens aren't widescreen. Then again, I could be wrong.

Anyway, you should try 2x AA with supersampling enabled. You'll only lose, at most, around 5 FPS. It looks just as nice as plain 4x AA which can take away more than 10 FPS.

Native resolution ? Do you mean the resolution in windows ? i use 1280 x 1024, i have set it so high because my screen is getting bigger, perfect for the sidebar from vista.

In Nvidia control panel i cant find supersampling. If i play on the standard resolution from TDU it looks unsharp. So i use the max resolution wich looks a lot better. I get 35 -40 FPS i think its a bit low, but with 4 x AA etc... i get 20 fps but it plays smooth :confused: i'm a bit confused

Native resolution = maximum resolution of your monitor. For LCD monitors, it's best playing at your monitor's native resolution as playing anything lower than that will merit a considerable reduction in sharpness. This is especially important when the pixel density of the monitor isn't so high. My laptop's pixel density is high because its resolution is 1680x1050 but the panel size is only 15". My desktop's 19" LCD monitor has a lower pixel density since its native resolution is only 1440x900. Hence, 1280x800 on my laptop actually looks better (in terms of sharpness) than my monitor, which it does.

I forgot to tell you. You should download NvTray. Look it up in Google. It's an awesome GPU control application. You can enable supersampling from there.

Native resolution = maximum resolution of your monitor. For LCD monitors, it's best playing at your monitor's native resolution as playing anything lower than that will merit a considerable reduction in sharpness. This is especially important when the pixel density of the monitor isn't so high. My laptop's pixel density is high because its resolution is 1680x1050 but the panel size is only 15". My desktop's 19" LCD monitor has a lower pixel density since its native resolution is only 1440x900. Hence, 1280x800 on my laptop actually looks better (in terms of sharpness) than my monitor, which it does.

I forgot to tell you. You should download NvTray. Look it up in Google. It's an awesome GPU control application. You can enable supersampling from there.

Okey, well i'm on the max resolution so that should be fine :D. No i'm not gonne download that its good enough now, but thanks for the info :)

My computer doesn't do stupid virus scans while i play, i make sure of that :P

And i want it to run on 1 core because if it runs on 2 cores the sound stutters in rear engine'd cars, but not if you run it on 1 core.

I know of the Ctrl+Alt+Del->Taskmanager, but it's so much work to do that every time... =_=

And i have no noticeable changes in performance with 1 or 2 cores.

• 2 weeks later...

Will this run it

Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E7200 (3MB L2, 2.53GHz, 1066 FSB)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-Bit

4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 4DIMMs edit

HARD DRIVE 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive + Roxio Creator 10 Premier-Ultimate Burn/Authoring edit

VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD 3450 256MB supporting HDMI \

SOUND Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

PLEASE SAY YES!

• 1 month later...

PC Specs - possible to run TDU or not?

I have this sheet with specs of a computer I can order - I want to check first if it can run TDU (not very sure about the technical bits of a computer so yea)

(this is what it says on the sheet)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66G (12M)

ASUS P5K/EPU P35

DDR2-8004G

1000G SATA-2

Pioneer 20x DVD+/-RW (SATA)

GeForce 9600GT 512M DDR3 256Bit

If anyone can understand what that says, and has any suggestions on how to improve it to run TDU better, go ahead.

System requirements:

- PROCESSOR : Intel P4 2,4Ghz ou AMD Athlon 2800+

- RAM : 512 MB - 1 GB recommended

- VIDEO CARD : ATI Radeon 9800 256MB VRAM or Nvidia 6600 GT with 256 MB of VRAM. Video Cards with vertex/pixel shaders 2.x and above are recommended

- SOUND CARD : DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound Card

- SIZE ON HD : 8 Go

- Direct X 9.0 (included)

Hope this helps...;)

Check this site this site analise or your pc can run it ... http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

And choose in the white stripe wich game you wanna test its only analise and its check your pc .

My pc :

Aopen

2Gb Ram

Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3,73ghz (2x)

Agp -> GeForce 6200 (512Mb) / Pci -> GeForce 6600Gt (512Mb) = 1Gb ^^

320Gb Hd

With a Videocard of 256 It doesnt run i buy a year a go a pc with a videocard of 256 and its run slowly. Recommed 512Mb