We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC System Requirements

Eudemon

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RB26DETT
ohh aiight well w/e i'll find out wen the game arrives. +rep for ur help today. nd wtf i cant belive its takin soo dam long for the game to arrive.

when did you order it?

i buy all my games on retail. :p

Guest RB26DETT

okay... i alt tabbed out of the game. and tdu uses 374mb of ram. so a 512mb will work just lessen the amount of background tasks. i think that's why mine stuttered then.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help, im not that much of a computer know it all when it comes to games etc. :o As i have said in a topic already, i am no matter what going to get TDU on PC. Though i want to know how good and what settings i could possibly run TDU on. :)

=---------

Specs: In detail.

Motherboard: Asus P5K SE

GPU: 500W

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6850 (2 CPU's)

CPU Speed: 3.00GHz

RAM: 2048MB

DirectX Version: 9.0c

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 7600GS (Overclocked im not sure about how far etc, i was not the one who did it.)

Sound: Realtek HD audio output

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 740N (LCD Monitor - Max res - 1600,1200 i believe)

=---------

Thank you.

With all the mods coming out for TDU, I'm tempted to buy TDU for my laptop but I dunno if my Laptop will pass, the test said I passed with flying colours but I wanna know just in case with my laptop and stuff. I run Half Life 2 and Garry's Mod alright with no problems.

Laptop proper name: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC

Processor: Intel ® Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2GHz

RAM: 2Gb

Video/Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

Video RAM: 1008.3 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: 4.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: 4.0

Sound Card

You Have: Speakers (Realtek High Definition)

Free Disk Space:

You Have: 158.2 GB PASS

DVD:

PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K17B ATA Device (but they couldn't analyse speed.)

From a quick look, everything looks up to the job, bar your graphics card. It'll be possible to run TDU with it, but it'll be at very low settings, probably quite laggy. Upgrade your card and you'll be set to go

Thank you for that, what about my graphics card being overclocked though? would it matter? or not? :)

With all the mods coming out for TDU, I'm tempted to buy TDU for my laptop but I dunno if my Laptop will pass, the test said I passed with flying colours but I wanna know just in case with my laptop and stuff. I run Half Life 2 and Garry's Mod alright with no problems.

Laptop proper name: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC

Processor: Intel ® Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2GHz

RAM: 2Gb

Video/Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

Video RAM: 1008.3 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: 4.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: 4.0

Sound Card

You Have: Speakers (Realtek High Definition)

Free Disk Space:

You Have: 158.2 GB PASS

DVD:

PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K17B ATA Device (but they couldn't analyse speed.)

Sorry to be annoying but can someone tell me about this please? Its sorta urgent, cheers.

Guest RB26DETT
It won't be great, but it I think it should work. I think.

rofl. his laptop has great specs to run tdu. maybe just set aa to 2x.

EDIT: i think you may be able to max it out. my mate is playing on the same specs but on a 8500gt. technically a 8600gs should be better than the 85. i don't know what framerates he's getting though. he was just ecstatic when we were on xFire. lol. ;)

Guest RB26DETT
I wasn't sure, 'cause I didn't know how laptop cards stood up to the desktop ones.

no worries. laptop cards are the same as desktop ones. i think they're a bit smaller though. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
It'll certainly be better than the basic card, but I can't see it being that great. If you're going to buy TDU anyway, you could get it first and then decide whether you want to upgrade your car.

Well, i finally got TDU about 2 days ago. I can run it at:

1280-720 resolution, Refresh rate 60hz, 4x anti-aliasing & no HDR? thats pretty good for a 7600GS.

Guest RB26DETT
Well, i finally got TDU about 2 days ago. I can run it at:

1280-720 resolution, Refresh rate 60hz, 4x anti-aliasing & no HDR? thats pretty good for a 7600GS.

yeah those are pretty good settings. TBH TDU's HDR isn't really good. The game looks better with it turned off.

Guest RB26DETT

all low end cards cant i.e. my old 7300 and shadow says his 7600gs can't.

7800's and 79**'s would be fine.

If I remember correctly, the 7-series can't do HDR with antialiasing... Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
They can't do FP-HDR at the same time as anti-aliasing, that's true. They might have the option to enable it, but it won't be working properly. They can do integer-HDR (SM2.0b) and AA at the same time, and some games have work around that use shaders for the AA instead of proper AA, or some other blur effects.

But to get full FP-HDR + AA you need either a X1/2/3*** from ATI or an 8000/9000 series card from nvidia.