We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC crash issue

CLR-GTR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly i read this thread too late...

the problem you have is 100% the result of a hardware damage. the bsod dump you´ve posted is a clear message. the stop code 0x00000124 comes from hardware abstraction layer. (f.e. in case of accessing corrupt/damged memory, hardware didnt response for IRQ Signal etc...) to terminate which component it is we need a bit help...

download & install "whocrashed". before disable "automatic reboot" in Systemproperties pls. after next BSOD execute the tool and post the dump

Link "WhoCrashed" Tool: Download WhoCrashed Free Home Edition - MajorGeeks

Thanks for your info, that's quite useful to read. It's not too late yet, I still need to find out where the mistake is at and how to fix it. I'll try that WhoCrashed thing.

And guess what, since I downloaded it, I've played ETS2 for a few times (while it's 25-30 degrees in my room this whole week) and it hasn't crashed (yet)... This is just stupid :-x

So.... I assume that C:\Windows\memory.dmp should last be modified on the day of crashing, but it's been showing 29th of June as last modification date, while I've had the crash plenty of times ofcourse since then.

Which obviously hidden setting do I have to enable to get WhoCrashed to be useful?

Under PC Properties > Advanced > Start and recovery, the settings are as following:

[V] register events in the system log

[ ] Automatically reboot computer

Errortracing data registration:

[Full memory dump]

[V] overwrite existing file

[V] disable automatic memory dump removal when diskspace is insufficient

Inside WhoCrashed the settings are as following:

[V] stop Windows from deleting memory dump files