We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help!!.. Lag for ati users??!

ZUSA

pls someone tell me why my game is lagging when i unpacked it!.. my pc is more certainly powerful than the game.. but i keep lagging and experience fps drops from time to time which seems to be random.... any way to fix this??.. pls anyone???!

i have 4 cores prossecer and r9 270 ATI, with 4gb ram..

There's some mentions about ATi FPS issues on this forum from a quick Google search.

Quick FPS boost tip. As soon as you start the game and the first screen appears quickly Alt + Tab to the Desktop for 30 seconds. I don't know why but this fixes low FPS issues

Regarding FPS I did noticed improvement! from 20 to 30fps with Power3d off.

By the way ALT+TAB FPS improvement present only on my ATI Radeon Card. No effect on Nvidia card thought.

Not sure why you automatically leaped to the conclusion that the graphics card was to blame? :hmmm: "Four-core" processor doesn't say much, what CPU is it?
my current cpu is the q6600.. i can run GTA V just fine.. how cant i run this game smoothly.. and why excatly when i unpacked it???.. [i just checked my cpu usage while playing.. and it never passed 90% ,most of the time at 60 to 77 or something..] be most people use the unofficial patch.. and no one seems to be having my problems.. at least most of them!..... i would rly appreciate it if u tell me at least any hint to fix it....... because to me.. this game is the best on the planet!

EDIT: i checked the cpu usage the moment it lags.. and i noticed a huge drop of usage that reached 40%... which means its not cpu issue, correct??

Very strange. It shoudln't be a hardware issue if everything runs fine in other games. Have you defragmented your computer lately? Maybe it's desperately looking for fragments that were spread around the hard drive when you unpacked the game. *guessing*

Very strange. It shoudln't be a hardware issue if everything runs fine in other games. Have you defragmented your computer lately? Maybe it's desperately looking for fragments that were spread around the hard drive when you unpacked the game. *guessing*

so u r saying that u have the game with unofficial patch installed.. and it never lags??? .. i rly wanna know this one thing!