We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

hardcore mode

Guest Johansen

Guest Johansen

Anyone tryed to jump in hardcore mode? i tried it whit the bike i jumped much loonger than you can whitout hardcore mode. its nice:excited:

They say its only really any good with a steering wheel... which i dont have. Can you still play it ok with just the controller? if so ill download it when i get in

yeh still good with the controller, i have the steering wheel but havnt tried it with it yet, do it over weekend

Could you amagine if you could do damage to your cars every single one would be wreaked, wherever you drive you always crash no matter how carefull you are

you don't crash if your really really carefull but thats just boring, will need to work on it.

i think its a brilliant thing, only late on arrival (leaves a bitter taste while playing it really)

and now it turns out i cant play online anymore (everytime i load up in hardcore online and go out of the house it crashes the box, if i am in normal mode i can play normally online, but when im offline (like now) i can play til my heart is content in both modes)

its definately worth 160pts, and its much much easier to play with the wheel.

that said, in my opinion the force feedback is mediocre at best. In no way does it feel natural like when playing PGR3. You literally have to fight the wheel a bit in this game to get the car to do what you want. when you get sideways the ffb countersteer seems like it overcompensates and snaps you in the other direction. While PGR3's system is very communicative just using ffb alone and feels very natural, the only worthwhile communication youll get from TDU is the on screen telemetry display.

The tires feel like you are always driving on crappy all season tires, always loosing traction, understeering like crazy with almost every car. Try to use a little weight transfer to initiate a drift to get you through a tight turn, in most cases the front tires still dont grip and you still slide off the outside of the turn.

Yes, I understand that we now have to brake for turns, which is a refreshing change actually. But whats to explain the increased stopping distances?

Z06fan tested stopping distances with a Z06. haha. Anyways, I think he said a 60 to 0mph stop was about 100 ft before. Which is pretty close to the real car. In hardcore mode the stopping distance is about 150ft. So now thats not so realistic anymore.

Its worth the 160pts as I said, but it did fall far short of my expectations. At least it was cheap.

yup.. this one defo isnt for arcade racers... brake in and power out like in a real car.. dont even think about braking in the bend because you'll just understeer off

this is the main reason ive returned to TDU. i love the realism now (apart from being able to fly)

10/10 atari... at last :D