We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Trouble, lol - cannot tell my RS from my A/S5

F12Berlinetta

Can anyone explain me how can i recognise which Audi is RS and S and why (compared to Audi A) ? I am spotter and I haven't got any trouble with BMW (I don't recognise only old ones like E30, E39 etc.) , Mercedes (I don't recognise only really old AMG) or Porsche or Maserati or Ferrari or anything but I really don't know how to recognise Audi RS and Audi S. Of course I know that they have different exhaust but I mean front of the car and it's body.

Please help :D

Cheers

P.S. Sorry for dumb question :p

The easiest thing is to google images of A, S and RS models and compare them or go to Audi's configurator, select the models, right click > open image in new tab > click click click between the tabs.

If you can't tell the difference between a C7 S6 Avant and an RS 6 Avant, you're not a good spotter to be honest. :p

I guess one of the things that makes AUdi harder to spot are that:

You can get S-Line packages on the A series - need to look for a longer badge and other subtle differences

Some enthusiast retrofit parts from higher up the RS chain. i.e. wheels.

Thnaks guys :) I started with Audi A5 and S5 (RS5 is quite easy to recognise ;) ) but can anyone tell me is that right?

The grill in A5 is dark and in S5 is not. Mirrors of the A5 are in the same color what the whole body and S5 mirrors are chrome (or something)? If not: can anyone explain me the difference between A5 and S5 from the front. I don't see much even in configurator :/

Same goes to A3 and S3 (new models)

Sorry

@Mr Softie :D

S models share the exterior body kit with S-line sport packages that are available for regular Audis. Exactly the same IIRC. The only difference might be the exhausts, front grille which has double slats and is more chrome-y and aluminium mirror caps. However, you can get a black package! And that gives you gloss black front grille and bumper inlets and window trim. Same applies to RS models (+ black exhaust tips; optional sports exhaust also has black exhaust tips).

In general:

S models: S-line body kit, "full" chrome double-slat front grille, alu mirror caps and silver bumper intake trim bits, oval exhaust tips

RS models: totally different body kit, honeycomb front grille and intakes, alu mirror caps and front and rear bumper accents

The gloss black pack removes all the chrome/alu bits (front grille, window trim, etc.) except the mirrors which you can either leave standard (alu) or get them painted.

Base A5

a-stage-exterior_front.jpg

S-line

S5

Base A6

S-line A6

S6